• ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Connecticut Gun Theft Victim Gets Rest Of His Guns Taken By Police
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearin...victim-gets-rest-of-his-guns-taken-by-police/

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere...

Summary of story - dude leaves gun in unlocked car, dirtbag steals it, dude reports theft to police, mentions he has firearms away home, po po charges him with misdemeanor and confiscated his guns at home.

Yeah, bone headed move, leaving gun in car but he doesn't deserve to lose his 2a rights because of it. Out-freaking-rageous! How is it that the region that is called home to our founding fathers are some of the most - liberty- void $#!=hole states?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've seen stories like this where the gun was used in a crime and tried to sue the gun owner but ruled the thief shouldn't have stolen it. So now apparently you can lose your 2A rights.

It's not like he left it in a couch at IKEA.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It was in his cartilage. Personally I would never leave a gun in the car. Next will be a law against keeping it in a sock drawer. Personally I would never leave a gun in a sock drawer. Should I lose my 2A rights for leaving it in a sock drawer? Well I don't but I think the consensus would be no.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't the police also swear an oath to defend the constitution?

I get it, and I fundamentally agree with you. Law enforcement can only enforce what the legislature enacts. Legislators cannot be there without the voters. Blame them first, then worry about the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Connecticut Gun Theft Victim Gets Rest Of His Guns Taken By Police
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearin...victim-gets-rest-of-his-guns-taken-by-police/

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere...

Summary of story - dude leaves gun in unlocked car, dirtbag steals it, dude reports theft to police, mentions he has firearms away home, po po charges him with misdemeanor and confiscated his guns at home.

Yeah, bone headed move, leaving gun in car but he doesn't deserve to lose his 2a rights because of it. Out-freaking-rageous! How is it that the region that is called home to our founding fathers are some of the most - liberty- void $#!=hole states?

I cross-posted this in the "Glove box guns" thread in the Handguns forum (with the caveat that "we're not Connecticut, but...")

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It was in his cartilage. Personally I would never leave a gun in the car. Next will be a law against keeping it in a sock drawer. Personally I would never leave a gun in a sock drawer. Should I lose my 2A rights for leaving it in a sock drawer? Well I don't but I think the consensus would be no.

Oh, bad place to store it - that will lead to arthritis.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't the police also swear an oath to defend the constitution?

Until a court rules the law unconstitutional...

Sounds like the police are telling people not to report any gun thefts or they will punish you.
    I would image that's already a crime - at least I remember that being so from watching Law & Order. :)

Or, lock the door after the fact and smash the window... "Yup, officer, it was locked in the trunk." :whistle:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Actual story : step-brother got a year in jail for having a single handgun round in his pocket while being investigated for public intox in Connecticut. That state sucks and blows. I'm glad I visited and got out without being molested by the "Constitutional State".

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I leave a handgun in my car at work 5 days a week, per the regulations: I have a Permit to Carry, the car is locked and the weapon is out of sight.

My place of work used to ban all weapons on their property, period, until Indiana overruled them with the passage of this particular law. I am grateful for being able to legally carry to work and am fine with a few regulations while doing so.

Leaving a weapon in an unlocked car is just asking for trouble.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not taking the other side here, but there are some responsibilities that are so important that you don't get to be a dumbass. Just sayin'...

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I'm not taking the other side here, but there are some responsibilities that are so important that you don't get to be a dumbass. Just sayin'...

Totally understand, and agree to some extent. The natural consequence to leaving valuable stuff in your unlocked car is that it gets stolen. That's still on the dirtbag, in my book. However, the natural consequence should not include .Gov stealing your firearms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if the dumbass would have left his baby on the seat of his unlocked car and it was stolen? Would CPS looking at his parenting of his other kids been inappropriate?

Top Bottom