Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GIJEW View Post
    It means "Your jurisdiction stops at my county line, and who are you going to get to go up against me and my 9,888 deputies anyway?"? kind of like CA's FU to fed immigration laws. And that's just an initial roadblock. I'm sure the clay-feet NRA will organize a team of lawyers to challenge the constitutionality of whatever part of northram/bloomberg's agenda gets enacted
    Exactly. This is it. If they want to come into their counties to enforce it then they are invaders.
    Im so proud to see people finally standing up for the 2nd amendment and willing to lay it ALL on the line to do so. However it should have never got to this point and it only did because people sit on their lazy asses thinking their gun rights are safe and that nothing will happen to them. Well this shows what happens when you don't go vote for years and little treasonous weasels work their way into your government. Look at how many wont even write emails or make phone calls. The most peaceful and easy thing a citizen can do.
    We should always be aggressive in protecting our freedoms but peaceful options always have to be used first. Defending the 2nd amendment with a gun as told by our founding fathers is a last resort act of self defense. Just like it would be if we had to use our personal handgun on the street. You hope you never are forced to use it but you mu sd t always be prepared to do so if forced.
    I hope virginians can put the fear of God Almighty in their elected officials and avoid violence. I really do.
    But at this point there when the government is talking about confiscation, a healthy fear of consequences will be the only thing that stops them from passing it.
    This IS the whole point of the 2nd amendment and the right of the people to have guns. Its about the government fearing what would happen if it tried to oppress its people. Thats it.
    Thats our law. Its written in english. It is as American as Elvis.
    Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country. - President John F. Kennedy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by n9tkf View Post
    I wonder what would happen if the sanctuary counties seceded from the State? Is it possible?
    Anything is possible.
    It's a matter of who controls the money and who has the might.

It's all talk right now and that is fine.
    At some point action will be taken.

Case in point was it not CT that banned assault rifles after the newton shooting and we saw lines of CT citizens turning un their rifles. It could go that way in VA.

Or it could become much more violent with state Gov trying to impose this rule while the locals say nope.

History is documented with this since the dawn of time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    This was passed out of fear.

Do you remember when we were children if we did something wrong we tried everything to cover it up and hide what we did out of fear of the spanking that was sure to follow?

This law is exactly what they are doing. They know their agenda is wrong and they will get punished for it. In 4 years I see Virginia going Red again.
    Even if that happens it'd be too late the damage will be done by then. Once these laws are passed they usually don't get repealed. After the AWB some democrats paid the price but that didn't result in the repeal of the AWB.

User Info Menu

While West Virginia did secede from Virginia very early in the civil war I don't see anything like this happening. it will get sorted out legally, and probably go to the supreme court. Mixed thoughts there as the case will have to be built around the second amendment rather than the ability of a state legislature to impose it's will on other smaller jurisdictions in the state. With the bloomberg money involved, this may be the long range strategy. While it's being decided I would be really surprised to see the governor hire some sort of ersatz UNSSU to enforce the state laws.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    Even if that happens it'd be too late the damage will be done by then. Once these laws are passed they usually don't get repealed. After the AWB some democrats paid the price but that didn't result in the repeal of the AWB.
    The line on the clinton Assault Weapon Ban was that since it had a sunset clause built in, nothing had to be done. No repeal attempt was needed as it had an automatic built in repeal at 10 years. Long enough to screw things up, but not forever.

User Info Menu

What?

The internet told me that the Virginia state government was kicking in doors and dragging people out of homes?

I mean just a few weeks ago I was told hurry and get to New York and take up arms for “Whiskey556” he went to jail over a 30rd Mag!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Here’s the first wave!

https://wtvr.com/2020/01/13/gun-cont...Sg-1mXTWMik40c

Not much chance of these not passing the full legislature, but I was wrong once before.

Ark

User Info Menu

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/ne...850926-en.html

The hysterical smearing of the demonstrators as crazy far-right terrorists coming to perpetrate a mass shooting has begun.

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Odde5Ny54&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

“You should be pulled out of office by the hair on your head, walking down the streets of the capital, walked up to the steps of a swinging rope that’s placed around your neck, because you, sir, are a tyrant and you’re committing treason,” Shoaff said. “And you would be a good example to set for the other elected officials who are doing the same thing.”

Not sure that it’s all a smear campaign?

Lots of crazy people around one individual and one incident could set off another Charlottesville? I would not be amazed if Antifa showed up or sent people to stir the pot and cause trouble.

Btw
    I read where one of the threats was armed drones!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I would not be amazed if Antifa showed up or sent people to stir the pot and cause trouble.
    That is exactly what they are counting on to make the event go south and to portray 2A rights advocates as violent and dangerous.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/202...buffalo-jumps/

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast