Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Florida AWB Fight

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...oje-story.html

TALLAHASSEE Pushing back against arguments raised by Attorney General Ashley Moody and the National Rifle Association, gun-control supporters contend the Florida Supreme Court should sign off on a proposed constitutional amendment aimed at blocking possession of assault weapons.

The political committee Ban Assault Weapons NOW, the gun-control group Brady and a coalition of 13 cities filed legal briefs Friday saying that the proposal meets legal tests to go before voters. The Supreme Court, which must sign off on proposed constitutional amendments, looks at the wording of ballot titles and summaries.

User Info Menu

Thinking about retiring to the panhandle area in a few years. . . . . . maybe Mobile or Georgia if this passes. 'Course, I'm not familiar with their records so. . . .
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Guess they forget that pesky federal document known as the Constitution.

User Info Menu

Dont retire to FL. It's nice to visit but not to live 24/7

User Info Menu

I've lived there before and am tired of cold weather and no ocean. The evil you know and all that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    I've lived there before and am tired of cold weather and no ocean. The evil you know and all that.
    What cold weather? And have you ever gotten tired of hurricanes?

User Info Menu

Hopefully with Bloomberg running for chief nanny, he will be too busy to flood FL with millions in gun grabber ads to try to get this passed.

sounds like the NRA is doing good work fighting this. No mention of anyone else.

User Info Menu

Florida Constitution and votes on amendments is something they do down there. "Yes" usually wins...
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    What cold weather? And have you ever gotten tired of hurricanes?
    Anything below 70 degrees is cold weather and I've been fortunate enough to have only been skirted by hurricanes. Besides all that death, damage, destruction, etc. is just something we put out to keep the highlanders up north!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast