• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Aaaannndddd nothing yet. Thanks for the thread GFGT, it is getting to be that time again. Guy's show has been bumped by IU basketball the last two weeks, looks like he'll be back this Saturday. He should have some inside-baseball knowledge.

Bills for Session 2020 - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

Our usually reliable work horse seems to be concentrating on his mj bills this session. To be fair, maybe he's just not gotten around to filing his bills yet. But...unlike previous sessions, he hasn't been touting anything he's going to propose. I get the feeling this will be a defensive year as the republicans hunker down for an election year.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m not sure how accurate it is, but legiscan.com has last year‘s house bill 1253 pre-filed for 2020. That was the specialized training for teachers with firearms.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m not sure how accurate it is, but legiscan.com has last year‘s house bill 1253 pre-filed for 2020. That was the specialized training for teachers with firearms.
    Huh. I wasn’t sold on that one last year. Someone will have to sell me on it.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Can we get this thread stickied? 2018 is still up there and 2019 never made it. This is important enough that IMO it ought to be up there for quick view all the time. Anyone know the secret to bribe CM? ;)

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It is how it ended up in Conference Committee last session, after removing Senator Holdman's poison pill amendment that required training to a level that only one company in Indiana could have provided it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It is how it ended up in Conference Committee last session, after removing Senator Holdman's poison pill amendment that required training to a level that only one company in Indiana could have provided it.

Excellent! I'll dust off/update my HB 1253 notes from last year. It seems like it was in the Education Committee last year, any SA on when it will be coming up for comments?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

As I remember this one, I don't get it. Why is this an important piece of legislation to pass? How does this advance something important to all gun owners?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As I remember this one, I don't get it. Why is this an important piece of legislation to pass? How does this advance something important to all gun owners?

I'm not who you asked but I'll take a stab at this.

Gun free zones, aren't. In many cases such as the Indiana Statehouse and Courthouses there are a significant number of armed Police Officers. Since 1950 98% of mass public shootings have occurred in (so-called) gun free zones. No armed good guys zone seems to be a more appropriate description.

All of the incredibly law-abiding gun owners are affected every time a mass murderer commits mass murder with a firearm since its easier to disarm the law-abiding than make a change that will make a difference.

In 2014, it became legal to secure a firearm in an unoccupied vehicle on school property. Prior to that it was a felony. Blood hasn't run in the streets despite the dire predictions of a certain corporate shill who now lives in Colorado. Not all gun owners are affected, just the ones who park on school property.

In 2017, carry of handguns without a license was allowed for those who have a restraining order against an abuser. This doesn't affect all gun owners, just those who really need an expedited LTCH process.

In 2019, civil immunity passed. The vast majority of gun owners aren't affected, since most of us will never lawfully use deadly force. Church Carry on (quote-unquote) school property doesn't affect all gun owners, just the ones attending worship services when there is a school on the same property.

Never give up, keep moving the sticks. If we can get a couple short gains here in Bosma's last season we can keep the momentum going in the right direction.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Church Carry on (quote-unquote) school property doesn't affect all gun owners, just the ones attending worship services when there is a school on the same property.

Did that pass this year? If so... not sure how I missed it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not who you asked but I'll take a stab at this.

Gun free zones, aren't. In many cases such as the Indiana Statehouse and Courthouses there are a significant number of armed Police Officers. Since 1950 98% of mass public shootings have occurred in (so-called) gun free zones. No armed good guys zone seems to be a more appropriate description.

All of the incredibly law-abiding gun owners are affected every time a mass murderer commits mass murder with a firearm since its easier to disarm the law-abiding than make a change that will make a difference.

In 2014, it became legal to secure a firearm in an unoccupied vehicle on school property. Prior to that it was a felony. Blood hasn't run in the streets despite the dire predictions of a certain corporate shill who now lives in Colorado. Not all gun owners are affected, just the ones who park on school property.

In 2017, carry of handguns without a license was allowed for those who have a restraining order against an abuser. This doesn't affect all gun owners, just those who really need an expedited LTCH process.

In 2019, civil immunity passed. The vast majority of gun owners aren't affected, since most of us will never lawfully use deadly force. Church Carry on (quote-unquote) school property doesn't affect all gun owners, just the ones attending worship services when there is a school on the same property.

Never give up, keep moving the sticks. If we can get a couple short gains here in Bosma's last season we can keep the momentum going in the right direction.

I don't see a path for advancement here. I see enhancing a paradigm that only highly trained people should ever be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights on school property. When we got the king's permission to keep them in our locked cars, that was moving the sticks. To me, the is more like putting a monument in the ground than moving sticks.

Top Bottom