Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 263
  1. #171
    KLB
    KLB is offline
    Grandmaster KLB's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I get that point. But see above. About the point of restricting the State from infringing upon the RKBA, right now, in a practical sense, that's a subjective matter. It should not be. But it is. I kinda think that the courts should sort out both issues. Is it okay for sanctuary cities to enact their own de facto immigration policy contrary to the sole authority of the federal government to do so? Is it okay for sanctuary counties to enact their own de facto gun laws contrary to the State's authority to write and enforce laws? I think it's logically difficult to say yes or no to one and not the other. Sanctuary cities are already a thing and sanctuary counties are becoming a thing. Both should be challenged in court. We'll see what happens then.

    I kinda think "it's fine for me but not for thee" will be the rule of practical law. I want to have a nation of laws; rule of law. That's the principle behind free and just societies. It's the only way they can function long term. But that's not what we have today. This may go to SCOTUS. In today's makeup, it'll be a partisan vote, where the swing vote (Kavanaugh) decides.
    The problem I see with the Rule of Law is that the number of laws just keeps growing and growing. We have so many levels of government and they all think they need to pass more and more laws. I would love to see one take a serious crack at removing laws for once.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your cafť experience...Rand Paul

  2. #172
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    The problem I see with the Rule of Law is that the number of laws just keeps growing and growing. We have so many levels of government and they all think they need to pass more and more laws. I would love to see one take a serious crack at removing laws for once.
    Thatís a function of it not really being a nation of laws. Everyone with a cause has a law in mind which enforces their causeís solution. Itís always a law. Iíd like to see the next speaker commit to rolling back 2 laws for every law they pass. (For all the smartasses, I donít mean recursively)
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

  3. #173
    Cannon Fodder Wolfhound's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  4. #174
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    According to that map, my county was denied. When did I even have a say in it?

    Where and when is that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

  5. #175
    Cannon Fodder Wolfhound's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    According to that map, my county was denied. When did I even have a say in it?

    Where and when is that from?
    The map is from the Indiana 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Movement. They are active on Facebook. Their mission is to get as many Indiana Counties to confirm 2nd Amendment sanctuary status as possible. That particular update was as of 2/7/2020 at 9:30pm.

    Counties that are in denied status can still be lobbied and changed or you can vote the bums out that are denying the sanctuary movement.

    I recommend joining the group and finding out why the status was denied and by whom. It is free to join and it is all volunteers.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  6. #176
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Ya that would require SnapFace time which I don't do.
    I did find out who they say my county rep is and contacted him asap to sign up or whatever but I never got any response. So here I sit in liberal land.

    We also have a republican headquarters in town which I can never find open with no phone number anywhere and the only email info I get the same response. Nothing. The last election for mayor here I searched everywhere to find our republican candidate. We didn't have one. The dick wins unopposed. I feel hopeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

  7. #177
    Cannon Fodder Wolfhound's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    Ya that would require SnapFace time which I don't do.
    I did find out who they say my county rep is and contacted him asap to sign up or whatever but I never got any response. So here I sit in liberal land.

    We also have a republican headquarters in town which I can never find open with no phone number anywhere and the only email info I get the same response. Nothing. The last election for mayor here I searched everywhere to find our republican candidate. We didn't have one. The dick wins unopposed. I feel hopeless.
    I would give them 24 hours to respond. It's Sunday night and some folks (not me) have a social life.

    The political winds can shift. Don't give up.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  8. #178
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It was 3 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

  9. #179
    Cannon Fodder Wolfhound's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    It was 3 weeks ago.
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood. Sadly we will probably never get all the counties in Indiana onboard. Marion and Monroe are certainly long shots as are a few others up North.

    There is a contact link on their page here: https://in2aunited.com/
    Last edited by Wolfhound; 02-09-2020 at 19:01.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  10. #180
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    It was 3 weeks ago.
    Címon man. Keep up. He said 24 hours not 3 weeks.

    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge