• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Ballot arrived in the mail today. Any strong opinions on any of these people?

I've met a few of them before. Most of the ones I'd like to move on aren't on this.

And no, Karl Malone is not up for votes.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got mine as well. Time to do some research on the candidates. Would like to know which candidates are for ousting LaPierre

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The link I posted above had some interesting info, it is only like 6% of members that return their ballots. If all of INGO were members and voted as a bloc, we could come close to running the NRA.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The link I posted above had some interesting info, it is only like 6% of members that return their ballots. If all of INGO were members and voted as a bloc, we could come close to running the NRA.

Except for the starve the NRA crowd will never go along...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Except for the starve the NRA crowd will never go along...
    most I'm sure never gave the NRA a dime anyways yet thet want to complain about a private organization that at least tries to defend freedom and does represent a huge thorn in the side of anti-gun groups. I don't agree with everything the NRA has done or their inaction on some things, but they do more than people who sit on their couch eating potato chips complaining on the internet. Now if all of those people who complain about the NRA were writing letters to their elected officials and demanding they pass pro-gun legistlation then I'd take them more seriously and not as complete jokes. But the evidence shows that they aren't writing those letters. They are just being keyboard warriors.
    They rely on everyone else to do the work preserving rights and nothing is ever good enough. They blame everyone else but themselves for their own problems.
    I became a Patron Life Member of the NRA to change the NRA from the inside out. To make it even better. To make it better represent me and what we need it to be to be more aggressive in defending our 2nd amendment. I think the NRA has been too nice. Its time to be dirty and nasty like our enemies the anti-gun lobby.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember Jack Ryan talking about how we had some people out pulling the wagon, while others rode in the wagon letting the others pull them. They also seem to enjoy complaining about the ones doing the pulling.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I received mine also. Marking it up but also reading and researching the choices first. Write in names is certainly an option.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I read something a few years ago saying that voting for fewer people than the maximum on the NRA ballot would improve the chances of the ones selected as compared to voting for all 31 possible. Don’t recall their logic now and am wondering if there was really anything to it?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I received mine also. Marking it up but also reading and researching the choices first. Write in names is certainly an option.
    Great! Let us know what you find out.

I read something a few years ago saying that voting for fewer people than the maximum on the NRA ballot would improve the chances of the ones selected as compared to voting for all 31 possible. Don’t recall their logic now and am wondering if there was really anything to it?

It's simple math. If everyone casually hits some guy who is the 10th choice but you want someone a little more controversial, you need to starve the obvious choice.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Many Ingo members voted only for Adam Kraut and no one else last year to no avail...

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/ad...ned-nra-board-of-director-seat/#axzz6BzcBowQa

To bad we failed, he is a good man, but still on the team still advocating for the 2A...

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Many Ingo members voted only for Adam Kraut and no one else last year to no avail...

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/ad...ned-nra-board-of-director-seat/#axzz6BzcBowQa

To bad we failed, he is a good man, but still on the team still advocating for the 2A...

He is a good guy. He campaigned hard in Dallas, but not so much in Indy. Colandro worked his tail off last year and won. I've had the chance to visit with both and am not upset about either being on the board, but the old guard isn't ready to listen to them. The most telling thing I've ever seen on the state of the NRA was the meeting last year in Indy. The old guard was trying to shame those who didn't care for Wayne as being Bloomberg supporters and wrong.

But yes, If you have one favorite, then by all means.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He is a good guy. He campaigned hard in Dallas, but not so much in Indy. Colandro worked his tail off last year and won. I've had the chance to visit with both and am not upset about either being on the board, but the old guard isn't ready to listen to them. The most telling thing I've ever seen on the state of the NRA was the meeting last year in Indy. The old guard was trying to shame those who didn't care for Wayne as being Bloomberg supporters and wrong.

But yes, If you have one favorite, then by all means.
    Oh I'd love for those old guards to say that **** to my face.
    Wayne LaPierre is a piece of crap to put it mildly and his circle is too

Top Bottom