Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The 2A Project

:

Guy Relford CEO...

...Purpose:

The 2A Project is founded on one simple principle: our right of self-defense, as bestowed by God and as protected against government infringement by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution, is not up for negotiation or compromise. We oppose any limitation or restriction placed on law-abiding citizens to protect themselves, their families and their fellow citizens with the tools of their choosing...

More on the site...

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got it on the Twitter feed earlier, heard Guy on the Hammer and Nigel show later...

...then bought my first year's membership.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Someone shared this with me earlier tonight. As someone who spent time working on the Exec Committee of a state level gun org and PAC, I have a whole lot of questions and thought I’d come here to see what the vibe was.

My first observations:

Indiana should have a state level gun org, but he is talking about going national.
    He wants a no compromise approach, which every 2A ‘No Compromise’ group I’ve seen has produced nil legislatively and often stirred more **** than they were worth.
    I’m not advocating surrendering our rights one compromise at a time, but anyone whose ever moved a bill from pre-session planning to collecting the pen has had to wiggle to get there.
    Another thing about 2A groups that are no compromise is that they tend to try to aim money and pay the people. I couldn’t help but notice he is going to be employee 1.

I’ve never met the guy and I’m assuming noble intentions.

But he wants to be the next NRA? And to get there, he is going to be the next FPC, SAF, GOA, NAGR, etc.
    I’m with the guy in end game, but I just don’t see it. Also, what’s the money going toward? It’s not a PAC, but it is 501c4, so there’s rules to that. We’ll know when he pushes out his first 990 where the money is going.

Other than the NRA regional lobbyist, who is likely camping in Richmond, does anyone specifically lobby for 2A bills in Indiana?

Is that what he wants to do here?

I need to see more than a pretty logo.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Also, are we talking about an organization with a governance document, board, bylaws, and sustainable vision or are we basically chipping in to get a 2A lawyer to lobby on our behalf?
    Why doesn’t he just run for NRA BoD and stir stuff there and use that title.

The 2A movement needs unity and leadership, not a 34th entity asking for member dues. NRA could be that if Wayne had any self-awareness or give a hoot about the movement over himself. I’m skeptical here.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Also, are we talking about an organization with a governance document, board, bylaws, and sustainable vision or are we basically chipping in to get a 2A lawyer to lobby on our behalf?
    Why doesn’t he just run for NRA BoD and stir stuff there and use that title.

The 2A movement needs unity and leadership, not a 34th entity asking for member dues. NRA could be that if Wayne had any self-awareness or give a hoot about the movement over himself. I’m skeptical here.

You could call in tomorrow between 1700 and 1900 and ask.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I need to. Podcast would be more accommodating, but I’d like to ask questions. I did listen to his appearance for 11 minutes to talk about it.

Guy is also on the Facebook and the Twitterbox. He references questions from those platforms quite often. The other option is using an ancient device known as a telephone and call in between 1700 and 1900.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I need to. Podcast would be more accommodating, but I’d like to ask questions. I did listen to his appearance for 11 minutes to talk about it.

I'm sure there will be a time and place for you to converse with Mr Relford. As Kelly mentions, that may be as early as this afternoon. Gun Guy show is on WIBC Saturdays 5 - 7:00, if not preempted by some silly sporting event.

In the meantime, you can listen to past broadcasts at the link posted above. It would be well worth your time and answer a lot, if not all of your questions about Guy and his motives.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ll probably join for the following reasons. Based on my observations, Guy is one of the most active folks in pushing back the infringements on our 2A here in Indiana. It seems like the NRA is retracting its activities both nationally and at the state level. We need an active and effective state level 2A group like many of the other states already do. With all due respect to INGO, INGO ain’t it. It’s a fine place to come and exchange information, yuck it up with friends, and air greviences but it’s not a force in Indianapolis.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Will be in as soon as I have 2 nickles to spare.
    Having followed IGA and pushed hard for what 7 or 8 yrs now, Guy's rep is solid at acting On this stuff .

Puts his time and money where he speaks not just talking big.

And efforts where the rubber meets the road.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tagging on with what GFGT and BBIII said, if you go to a committee hearing at the state house and it’s anything to do with 2A? Guy Relford is more than likely there and quite often the only pro 2A voice there. NRA-ILA will be there and testify if NRA-ILA is taking a position. I’m a random dude from Hendricks County Who works close by and has a lot of use or lose leave. Fortunately there aren’t too many analytical emergencies so I can usually make it. A number of times it’s been Guy Relford and me as the only pro 2A voices in a room full of antis.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    IBTS (in before the show), does that make me a charter member?

Someone shared this with me earlier tonight. As someone who spent time working on the Exec Committee of a state level gun org and PAC, I have a whole lot of questions and thought I’d come here to see what the vibe was.

My first observations:

Indiana should have a state level gun org, but he is talking about going national.
    He wants a no compromise approach, which every 2A ‘No Compromise’ group I’ve seen has produced nil legislatively and often stirred more **** than they were worth.
    I’m not advocating surrendering our rights one compromise at a time, but anyone whose ever moved a bill from pre-session planning to collecting the pen has had to wiggle to get there.
    Another thing about 2A groups that are no compromise is that they tend to try to aim money and pay the people. I couldn’t help but notice he is going to be employee 1.

I’ve never met the guy and I’m assuming noble intentions.

But he wants to be the next NRA? And to get there, he is going to be the next FPC, SAF, GOA, NAGR, etc.
    I’m with the guy in end game, but I just don’t see it. Also, what’s the money going toward? It’s not a PAC, but it is 501c4, so there’s rules to that. We’ll know when he pushes out his first 990 where the money is going.

Other than the NRA regional lobbyist, who is likely camping in Richmond, does anyone specifically lobby for 2A bills in Indiana?

Is that what he wants to do here?

I need to see more than a pretty logo.
    I think you are putting way more emphasis on the org going national than how I interpreted his intentions on the site. Just some random dude that shows up here and asks for 35 bucks? No way. Guy Relford? Take my money, I’d love to have more organization in this state, to enable me to be more informed and active.

INGO was mentioned up thread as not being much of an organized 2A force, all we need is an actual organizational thread and I think it could be a very powerful ingredient.
    I mean, anybody who is anybody is here, right?
    If you’re somebody and you’re not here, please raise your hand.

See? Told you.

Top Bottom