Join INGunOwners For Free
    Master

User Info Menu

Iowa House passes gun controller control bill

The Iowa House just passed a bill (HF2502) with several pro-gun provisions. One very interesting piece is a requirement that any local/state government entity can only require a building to be gun-free if they agree to provide security measures:

A political subdivision of the state may restrict the carrying, possession, or transportation of firearms or other dangerous weapons in the buildings or physical structures located on property under the political subdivisionís control if adequate arrangements are made by the political subdivision to screen persons for firearms or other dangerous weapons and the political subdivision provides armed security personnel inside the building or physical structure where the restriction is to be in effect.
    More info
    If Americans go much longer without jobs and haircuts, we'll all become hippies.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

It's about effing time.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    It's about effing time.
    Yes it is.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

This would be interesting on the federal level too.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Bought time someone realized a sign by itself is useless.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Bought time someone realized a sign by itself is useless.
    Oh, lots of people realize that. Just not the gun controllers.
    If Americans go much longer without jobs and haircuts, we'll all become hippies.

User Info Menu

This bill happened because Des Moines thought they could implement magazine and bump stock bans inside the city and somehow avoid the preemption language on a technicality. Not anymore. The City Council, red shirt looney types, said they wouldn't mind letting it go to lawsuits against gun rights groups.

They've got a good state gun group driving things in Iowa.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKFaninCarmel View Post
    This bill happened because Des Moines thought they could implement magazine and bump stock bans inside the city and somehow avoid the preemption language on a technicality. Not anymore. The City Council, red shirt looney types, said they wouldn't mind letting it go to lawsuits against gun rights groups.

They've got a good state gun group driving things in Iowa.
    They never mind the lawsuits. Citizens are stuck with the bill. Not the idiot anti-gun politician.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs