New IN Speaker and What Does This Forebode, If Anything?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Saw over on Facebook Todd Huston will be the next IN Speaker of the House. Anybody have any thoughts on what this move will mean to future 2A legislation, here in the state?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He isn’t Bosma, so that’s a plus. But I have asked a couple members of the house if this helps getting Con Carry through and basically get a shoulder shrug. So I am not optimistic. Funny how it was all Bosma’s fault...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He isn’t Bosma, so that’s a plus. But I have asked a couple members of the house if this helps getting Con Carry through and basically get a shoulder shrug. So I am not optimistic. Funny how it was all Bosma’s fault...
    Far too many of them are afraid to make waves, in my opinion. Democrats seem to be more likely to seize an opportunity, republicans tend to hunker down and position for the next election.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is it time to launch OPERATION BLAME BOSMA?

I’m upbeat because we’re nine months out from the next session and there’s already talk, and not just us.

Speaker Huston was on Public Policy committee a few years back. Solid pro-2A on our side there. If the ranking dem stays there he is pro-2A also.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Is it time to launch OPERATION BLAME BOSMA?

I’m upbeat because we’re nine months out from the next session and there’s already talk, and not just us.

Speaker Huston was on Public Policy committee a few years back. Solid pro-2A on our side there. If the ranking dem stays there he is pro-2A also.

Don't think OPERATION BLAME BOSMA would be very productive....

I think OPERATION WELCOME HUSTON may be a better approach.....

Of course it needs to be tempered with a "we can count on you to support 2A legislation".

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Saw over on Facebook Todd Huston will be the next IN Speaker of the House. Anybody have any thoughts on what this move will mean to future 2A legislation, here in the state?

Unfortunately Indiana is still stuck on "nanny state" (see hands free phones. That time past 20 years ago when we were all new to phones. Now it is just stupid.) I have a real hard time thinking constitutional carry will be a reality in Indiana. (Indiana is pretty good on guns but not this good. )

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Where can I get a who's who and what they're all about regarding Indiana lawmakers/politicians?

Pardon me if this is out of place - Im new to the site and somewhat new to politics in general. But I definitely need to start knowing these things.

Edit: Ive found some stuff but Id certainly be interested in informative links, etc.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom