• ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Are y'all hearing anything around PD's not processing handgun licenses - due to not being essential?

Just wondering when this will go back to normal. My wife tried to pay her fee today and was turned away.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    Are y'all hearing anything around PD's not processing handgun licenses - due to not being essential?

Just wondering when this will go back to normal. My wife tried to pay her fee today and was turned away.

The city of Fort Wayne is not as of yet, I have my prints scheduled for this Monday thru the local sheriff once it comes back from the state I have to appear at my local PD so now what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    I haven't heard much but that doesn't mean much. FYI, on July 1, 2020, the process will become free of charge.

I was aware of the new changes but considering the circumstances with corona I was hoping to get, but wasn’t betting on them being closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The city of Fort Wayne is not as of yet, I have my prints scheduled for this Monday thru the local sheriff once it comes back from the state I have to appear at my local PD so now what

Remind them of IC 35-47-11.1. Or better yet, have your attorney do it for you.

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side
    The 5 year is free of the fee but lifetime still has a fee. Is this correct?

Yes, 5 Year is free of the fee. Lifetime has a fee, but the fee varies on whether or not you currently hold a a 4 Year (or in the future, 5 Year) License.

From Page 8 - http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/6/b/8/9/6b89a6f6/HB1284.06.ENRS.pdf

(c) This subsection applies after June 30, 2020. The law enforcement agency which accepts an application for a handgun license shall not collect a fee from a person applying for a five (5)year handgun license and shall collect the following application fees:
    (1) From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a fifty dollar ($50) application fee, thirty dollars($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.​
    (2) From a person applying for a lifetime handgun license who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license, a forty dollar ($40) application fee, thirty dollars($30) of which shall be refunded if the license is not issued.​

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Several of the departments in my area stopped doing administrative actions, including license-related things. They're now opening up the department, or using a tent, to do this... because wearing a mask isn't safe enough, apparently.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My son applied for his license 3rd week in march. They scheduled his fingerprint appt 1st week in april, which didn't happen because everything closed down (Brownsburg poice dept closed their lobby).
    They kept in touch with him and kept rescheduling for other venues, which also got cancelled, and he finally got his prints done about 10 days ago back at Brownsburg when they opened back up, and paid the Hendricks county sheriff's office the following day.
    He got his license about 6 days later (Just this past fri or sat.).

Really the hiccup was offices and depts being closed to the general public until everything reopened.

Top Bottom