• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretext.

The litany of spending by Wayne LaPierre is fairly damning.

Yes, and the Board of Directors of the NRA should be concerned about it and take action.

This is an "internal" issue and not something any state AG should be injecting himself into.

...but as I said, it's a pretext. A pretext to allow the true agenda to destroy the NRA due to partisan politics to remain in the background, though obviously not hidden.

Folap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I always thought it was suspicious how the NRA has been so strapped for funding these last few years. They have to be receiving tons of money through the millions of members and donors... where it had all been going?

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    The big question here, is can they pierce the corporate veil. Did the NRA follow all the rules the govern a corporation. Did the NRA hold shareholder meetings, did they document all expenses paid, and can they justify those expenses. Did the NRA keep up with all their paperwork for being a corporation.

I don't know, I have no information other than what has been reported. The Attorney General must think they can pierce the corporate veil.

I haven't read any of the news articles yet.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/politics/ny-attorney-general-seeks-to-dissolve-nra/

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One year they had a massive $$$ surplus, the next a massive deficit?

Get rid of Wayne, fix the problem. Restructure the organization so that no one person can become so powerful again.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    That an organization like the NRA is still "registered" in an anti-gun state like NY amazes me. They should have left for a friendlier clime long ago.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The big question here, is can they pierce the corporate veil. Did the NRA follow all the rules the govern a corporation. Did the NRA hold shareholder meetings, did they document all expenses paid, and can they justify those expenses. Did the NRA keep up with all their paperwork for being a corporation.

I don't know, I have no information other than what has been reported. The Attorney General must think they can pierce the corporate veil.

I haven't read any of the news articles yet.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/politics/ny-attorney-general-seeks-to-dissolve-nra/

Piercing the corporate veil may well be an issue.

Standing come first.

Folap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Why, so the NRA executives could have kept on stealing undetected?

Fraud and corruption needs to be caught and exposed. They had been stealing from the members and, given the important mission statement of the organization to protect right to bear arms, the American people at large depending on the potential fallout of this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why, so the NRA executives could have kept on stealing undetected?

Fraud and corruption needs to be caught and exposed. They had been stealing from the members and, given the important mission statement of the organization to protect right to bear arms, the American people at large depending on the potential fallout of this.

We throw around terms like "fraud", "corruption" and "stealing", but these terms have specific definitions...none of which apply when the management has the power to authorize spending and do so, no matter how unwise it is. Horrible management usually is not a crime, but's a great reason to clean house and reorganize.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh the irony of any government employee, especially from the State of New York, saying:

The attorney general of New York took action Thursday to dissolve the National Rifle Association following an 18-month investigation that found evidence the powerful gun rights group is "fraught with fraud and abuse."

Can we also disband all governments where we find this to be the case?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

It is the entire text.

RO%281875%29_P223_SHOOTING_WITH_THE_STALKING-HORSE.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, there are two things going on here.

The irony that a 2A hating political AG cannot be missed.

Wayne's issues have been talked about by the membership for sometime.

I wonder if this actually won't turn into a blessing in disguise?

On top of making Wayne's issues unable to hide, bringing the 2A as an issue to the forefront in front of an election with terrorists rioting, looting, burning cities?

Whole lotta new gun owners out there...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Maybe a whole lotta new gun owners out there but we still have LaPierre and his cronies running a poorly governed corporation. Let's move it to a friendlier state like INDIANA!! I'll run that sumb1tch like a company with CPAs with chutzpah to give accurate figures. Kill the cronyism at the root. Employ more veterans. Go back to the grassroots of the 2nd. Fight tyrants and their agendas whether hidden or elsewhere. Give no quarter on those who would see harm to the United States.

Ok, I'll hop off my soapbox now...

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ol, Wayne is nothing more that a slick salesman!

We (INGO) had a big discussion about this not long ago I think many were satisfied with Wayne’s leadership?
    That dude can put a prosperity preacher to shame with his antics.

Top Bottom