• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It is a short-term victory. People there should buy up all the higher-cap mags they can right now.
    Given historical precedent, it will almost certainly appealed and a temporary sale ban put in place until it is re-litigated and overruled in an en-banc 9th circuit hearing.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Can you explain en-banc?

It is a short-term victory. People there should buy up all the higher-cap mags they can right now.
    Given historical precedent, it will almost certainly appealed and a temporary sale ban put in place until it is re-litigated and overruled in an en-banc 9th circuit hearing.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Can you explain en-banc?

This opinion was from a three judge panel drawn from the 29 judges assigned to the Ninth Circuit. An en banc rehearing, if requested, would be before a larger panel drawn from the 29 judges. Looking at recent 9th Circuit en banc cases, it looks like a panel of eleven circuit judges would hear the appeal, if a majority vote of the 29 judges on the entire court grant the rehearing.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2017/02/10/En_Banc_Summary2.pdf

ETA: That's the same link as Phase2 posted, above. He made his look better than I did.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't expect another Freedom Week of sales to CA.

The stay against enforcement of the injunction continues until the mandate (the official instructions from the Court) issues. The mandate won’t issue until there has been a ruling on the all-but-certain motion for en banc rehearing. And as the Hawaii open carry case demonstrates, CTA9 is perfectly willing to sit on such requests for, quite literally, years.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/b...es-down-california-high-capcity-magazine-ban/

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    This is why a second Trump term is so important. Not his idiotic twitter rants, not his name calling, but judge appointments. I still believe that gun control will ultimately be decided in the courts, and we need conservative, non commie judges on these courts.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    This is why a second Trump term is so important. Not his idiotic twitter rants, not his name calling, but judge appointments. I still believe that gun control will ultimately be decided in the courts, and we need conservative, non commie judges on these courts.

I think gun control will be decided in the streets, after Democrats turn tens of millions of law abiding Americans into felons for owning a piece of plastic. I know I'm not going to prison, nor turning anything in.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I think gun control will be decided in the streets, after Democrats turn tens of millions of law abiding Americans into felons for owning a piece of plastic. I know I'm not going to prison, nor turning anything in.

could be, I hope not. No real winners in that scenario. I still think the courts are the important thing right now.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker

its one thing to say from my cold dead hands but its another to live up to it

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    its one thing to say from my cold dead hands but its another to live up to it

This is true. You can hang on to your prohibited item, but if you ever need to use it, a DA/prosecutor in a liberal jurisdiction could likely file charges on YOU.

Recent example: the McCloskeys near St. Louis, the couple who had the mob bust down the gate and invade the private community. It wasn't the mob who had their house invaded with a search warrant, weapons seized, and criminal charges filed.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

You consider Trump conservative? That’s amusing.

Top Bottom