Why ban the brace, when they can just ban the pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Curious, after the kid they picked up in AZ that shot at LEO with a AK pistol with NO brace. Normally I would say let's see what happens in November, but meh, anything can happen. Thoughts?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The latest versions of the so called Assault Weapons Ban do just that both in name by banning pistol versions of the defined assault rifles, and defining one of the aspects of the "assault pistol" as having the magazine outside of the grip.

Sure they want to get rid of them. But the bump-stock debacle showed they can criminalize accessories with no legislative input.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    With the division we are currently seeing in this country I'm pretty sure any bans or attempts at bans are going to fall on deaf ears. I'm not giving up anything, they've shown their hand and I'll not roll over and be controlled as easily as they hope.

That said, I sincerely hope it never comes to that situation but if it does I've made up my mind. What they want simply does not fit the way this country was supposed to be organized. "They" would do themselves a big favor by sticking to feel good bull**** rather than trying to enforce anything that dramatic. All I want is to be left alone and free to think and believe what I want.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    With the division we are currently seeing in this country I'm pretty sure any bans or attempts at bans are going to fall on deaf ears. I'm not giving up anything, they've shown their hand and I'll not roll over and be controlled as easily as they hope.

That said, I sincerely hope it never comes to that situation but if it does I've made up my mind. What they want simply does not fit the way this country was supposed to be organized. "They" would do themselves a big favor by sticking to feel good bull**** rather than trying to enforce anything that dramatic. All I want is to be left alone and free to think and believe what I want.

The problem is when they control law enforcement, then it turns into just doing muh job. Confiscation will at least get tested in the not too distant future. Will Leo and mil stand with citizens or the people who sign their checks? I'm not optimistic

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm optimistic enough for the both of us. Katrina opened a lot of eyes and started a lot of closed door discussions.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm optimistic enough for the both of us. Katrina opened a lot of eyes and started a lot of closed door discussions.

I think where you live matters quite a bit, too. For instance, I don't see my county sheriff's department enforcing disarmament any more than they have enforced the masking order.

Some sheriffs may do something different.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Curious, after the kid they picked up in AZ that shot at LEO with a AK pistol with NO brace. Normally I would say let's see what happens in November, but meh, anything can happen. Thoughts?
    Lawdy don’t give them any ideas. Handguns will be next if they get a AWB through.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Question.

Lets just say the AR pistol is banned. What happens to the pistols one may happen to own? Not that I own any, asking for a friend. :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Question.

Lets just say the AR pistol is banned. What happens to the pistols one may happen to own? Not that I own any, asking for a friend. :)

If they get banned step one will be virtue signaling through sheriff election cycles spring gun rights. Step 2 will be a grant from moms demand action and everytown that will pay local agencies to do sweeps. Sheriff's will get thirsty to get in on the grant and generate some local press work a photo of a cop car and some brown shirts in the rough side of town following social media hints to bust pistol owners.

Someone will get shot, they are betting on violent resistance to bolster hoople head public and drive the Fudd and butters rhetoric. "We don't need those guns Fer hunting, look at the crimes and shootins on cops just doin ther jobs.". That is why the initial confiscation grants will target low income "high crime" areas. They don't want to target anyone initially that has means to fight charges, violence against confiscation will really drive conservative support. And most sheriff 's get all hot for busting low income neighborhoods because the photos help them get reelected. Gritty getting things done photo ops, but nothing changes in those neighborhoods, more fines more poverty more petty charges stick.

So now a few people have probably been shot and the law and order crowd is jumping on the infringement train. People with more to lose quietly turn them in or destroy them. And every cop on the road starts looking through cars of people that hit from a social media algorithm. Atf agents start visiting homes offering amnesty for people they list based on customer history the subpoena from primary, PSA, Midway, Brownells, etc.. .

The system is in place this isn't conspiracy theory, it's actually probably not in depth enough.

Leo's will back the ban and confiscation orders when it gets turned into an us vs them scenario. I've seen sheriff's sign a 2a sanctuary notice, then order deputies to serve red flag orders.

So if you ever bought any pistol part online and with a card, a ban/confiscation will introduce a system that flags you.

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The latest versions of the so called Assault Weapons Ban do just that both in name by banning pistol versions of the defined assault rifles, and defining one of the aspects of the "assault pistol" as having the magazine outside of the grip.

Sure they want to get rid of them. But the bump-stock debacle showed they can criminalize accessories with no legislative input.
    Yup, and Trump screwed up there big time. Eventually, that is going to come back to bite us gun owners in the butt.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    I dont own any AR pistols, just some extra lowers and spare uppers for a registered SBR.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    If they get banned step one will be virtue signaling through sheriff election cycles spring gun rights. Step 2 will be a grant from moms demand action and everytown that will pay local agencies to do sweeps. Sheriff's will get thirsty to get in on the grant and generate some local press work a photo of a cop car and some brown shirts in the rough side of town following social media hints to bust pistol owners.

Someone will get shot, they are betting on violent resistance to bolster hoople head public and drive the Fudd and butters rhetoric. "We don't need those guns Fer hunting, look at the crimes and shootins on cops just doin ther jobs.". That is why the initial confiscation grants will target low income "high crime" areas. They don't want to target anyone initially that has means to fight charges, violence against confiscation will really drive conservative support. And most sheriff 's get all hot for busting low income neighborhoods because the photos help them get reelected. Gritty getting things done photo ops, but nothing changes in those neighborhoods, more fines more poverty more petty charges stick.

So now a few people have probably been shot and the law and order crowd is jumping on the infringement train. People with more to lose quietly turn them in or destroy them. And every cop on the road starts looking through cars of people that hit from a social media algorithm. Atf agents start visiting homes offering amnesty for people they list based on customer history the subpoena from primary, PSA, Midway, Brownells, etc.. .

The system is in place this isn't conspiracy theory, it's actually probably not in depth enough.

Leo's will back the ban and confiscation orders when it gets turned into an us vs them scenario. I've seen sheriff's sign a 2a sanctuary notice, then order deputies to serve red flag orders.

So if you ever bought any pistol part online and with a card, a ban/confiscation will introduce a system that flags you.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........Dayum. I think Samuel L. said it best in Pulp Fiction. "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions".

Top Bottom