Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Why ban the brace, when they can just ban the pistol?

  1. #1
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Why ban the brace, when they can just ban the pistol?

    Curious, after the kid they picked up in AZ that shot at LEO with a AK pistol with NO brace. Normally I would say let's see what happens in November, but meh, anything can happen. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vincess View Post
    Curious, after the kid they picked up in AZ that shot at LEO with a AK pistol with NO brace. Normally I would say let's see what happens in November, but meh, anything can happen. Thoughts?
    Do you have a link to the article you're referring to?

  3. #3
    Grandmaster snorko's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The latest versions of the so called Assault Weapons Ban do just that both in name by banning pistol versions of the defined assault rifles, and defining one of the aspects of the "assault pistol" as having the magazine outside of the grip.

    Sure they want to get rid of them. But the bump-stock debacle showed they can criminalize accessories with no legislative input.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

    "I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

  4. #4
    Plinker

    User Info Menu


  5. #5
    Grandmaster phylodog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    With the division we are currently seeing in this country I'm pretty sure any bans or attempts at bans are going to fall on deaf ears. I'm not giving up anything, they've shown their hand and I'll not roll over and be controlled as easily as they hope.

    That said, I sincerely hope it never comes to that situation but if it does I've made up my mind. What they want simply does not fit the way this country was supposed to be organized. "They" would do themselves a big favor by sticking to feel good bull**** rather than trying to enforce anything that dramatic. All I want is to be left alone and free to think and believe what I want.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

    - CarmelHP

  6. #6
    Proud Millennial Ggreen's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    With the division we are currently seeing in this country I'm pretty sure any bans or attempts at bans are going to fall on deaf ears. I'm not giving up anything, they've shown their hand and I'll not roll over and be controlled as easily as they hope.

    That said, I sincerely hope it never comes to that situation but if it does I've made up my mind. What they want simply does not fit the way this country was supposed to be organized. "They" would do themselves a big favor by sticking to feel good bull**** rather than trying to enforce anything that dramatic. All I want is to be left alone and free to think and believe what I want.
    The problem is when they control law enforcement, then it turns into just doing muh job. Confiscation will at least get tested in the not too distant future. Will Leo and mil stand with citizens or the people who sign their checks? I'm not optimistic

  7. #7
    Grandmaster phylodog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'm optimistic enough for the both of us. Katrina opened a lot of eyes and started a lot of closed door discussions.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

    - CarmelHP

  8. #8
    Master CampingJosh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    I'm optimistic enough for the both of us. Katrina opened a lot of eyes and started a lot of closed door discussions.
    I think where you live matters quite a bit, too. For instance, I don't see my county sheriff's department enforcing disarmament any more than they have enforced the masking order.

    Some sheriffs may do something different.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

  9. #9
    Expert Redhorse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vincess View Post
    Curious, after the kid they picked up in AZ that shot at LEO with a AK pistol with NO brace. Normally I would say let's see what happens in November, but meh, anything can happen. Thoughts?
    Lawdy donít give them any ideas. Handguns will be next if they get a AWB through.
    "Common sense is not so common."- Voltaire

  10. #10
    Master CampingJosh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post
    Lawdy donít give them any ideas. Handguns will be next if they get a AWB through.
    Heller already addressed that directly. A handgun ban is unconstitutional.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •