• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, it's an explosive, you you have to ship it as hazardous. Can the USPS do that?

I guess I'd go UPS, box and label yourself and just drop off at their shipping location (avoiding noisy questions). You probably need an "ORD" sticker or something from the guy at the counter, I'd guess.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just remember it’s probably going to be expensive. I see people complain about shipping rates that places charge on ammo all the time. Those places get discounts that casual shoppers do not.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just remember it’s probably going to be expensive. I see people complain about shipping rates that places charge on ammo all the time. Those places get discounts that casual shoppers do not.

Last time I shipped ammo a few years back, I was pleasantly surprised by the cost. Thought it was going to cost more.

Used UPS. Printed the required ormd tag and taped it on the box. All In all, the package weighed about 20 pounds and was only $12 or so to ship it.

Had to be taken to a UPS hub however. Regular UPS store wouldn't do it. Dont know if anything is different nowadays

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Use the smallest box possible that securely fits your ammo. Go to ups.com. Measure, weigh, and pay for/print a shipping label. Print this and tape it to the side of the box:

ormd_ammunition_diamond.jpg

Drop off at your nearest UPS hub (NOT a UPS Store) or schedule a pickup at your house. Say thanks. Be done. Easy peasy. I've never had a problem.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent.../hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, it's an explosive, you you have to ship it as hazardous. Can the USPS do that?

I guess I'd go UPS, box and label yourself and just drop off at their shipping location (avoiding noisy questions). You probably need an "ORD" sticker or something from the guy at the counter, I'd guess.

ORD sticker will just send it to chicago :) ORM-D sticker (Other Regulated Material class D). I'm betting they'll make you open the box for a looksee if you seal it up but tell them it is ORM

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom