walker taxidermy / tippecanoe sport shop .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    This is a negative review about Tippecanoe sport shop in lafayette ( Tippecanoe Sport Shop ) located on SR 25 in lafayette.

I have been going in there randomly for about 2 years now. Always had high priced guns, but I like supporting small business. Ive bought a shotgun from there in the past, and plenty of ammo/accessories.

Usually, they are very helpful and polite.

Today, however, was much different. I went in there by myself, there were several younger guys looking at pistols. I asked to see several of the glocks, as I had not yet held a SF glock in .45 yet, nor have i handled a Gen4. When the gentleman at the counter let me see the GEN4, I removed the slide leaving the spring/barrel in place. I just wanted to see the differences between Gen 3 and Gen 4. Anyways, the gent working the counter was nice and friendly, but when I put the slide back together, the new style spring got caught somewhere it didn't belong, and didn't close correctly, leaving the guide rod protruding out the front of the slide. The owner came over, and I handed him the weapon. He started to look at it, and the gentleman behind the counter said "the guiderod is in backwards"(impossible, i didnt remove it.) and the owner became instantly frustrated and said "GOD DAM**, THIS IS WHY WE DON'T F*****G LET PEOPLE TAKE S*** APART"
    I then said "its not backwards, and you really didnt need to talk to me like that"
    The owner again said "well you had the guiderod out didnt you"
    I again said no i didnt, then told him that "I'd never step foot in his store again, and that there was no reason to talk to me like that. Your prices are outrageous as well" He just Ignored me as I left.

On the way out, the group that was in there was talking about how overpriced his pistols were in the parking lot. I agreed with them, and kindly told them to try checking out applied ballistics.

By the way, I was dressed nicely, in a collared shirt and sportcoat. I was never rude, and had nothing to do with the other guys in the store.

The guiderod must have been slightly misaligned when i put the slide back on. This is a common problem, and nothing was broken. It just needed to be taken back down and put on straight.

I'd like to suggest going somewhere that you are respected as a customer, such as applied ballistics or ace and rico.

I will be happy to remove this review if the owner contacts me and apologizes for flying off the handle for absolutely no reason. Until then, I will do my best to inform people of the blatant disrespect I received while shopping there.

-Rob

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Very good. I have visited there a few times, however, I have never had quite an extreme experience but I have been talked to condescendingly. I have stopped visiting there because of that experience and the prices as well.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    While I agree that the owner behaved inexcusably...I'd also never take a man's gun apart unless I asked first. :twocents:

I was asking what they changed about it(gen4). They watched me take it down and didnt stop me. Also, its a gun store. If im going to buy a gun, new or used, you better believe im going to take it down and check for problems under the hood.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I was asking what they changed about it(gen4). They watched me take it down and didnt stop me. Also, its a gun store. If im going to buy a gun, new or used, you better believe im going to take it down and check for problems under the hood.
    Oh...I understand. As I said. The owner was wrong the way he handled it.

I...just personally would have asked first. But because they knew and saw what you were doing...they apparently approved of it.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Agreed. Their silence was approval. I will still ask, but that's just me being courteous. They are always free to say "no", and I am always free to take my money elsewhere. :twocents:

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    For the record AB isn't that much better then that, but I didn't even know this place existed! Well now I know to stay away!

When you say for the record... Please be so kind as to let me in on why they arent much better. I've never been disrespected in AB. I've never bought a gun in AB because of their prices, but I only go for the range anyways.

ImGumbyD@mIt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Lafayette Area
    Not a big fan of Walkers and haven't had a lot of dealings with AB or A&R though I haven't heard anything bad about the last 2. I really like Sallee's. It is a small shop but still growing. The owner Duane, also runs a lawnmower shop out of the same building but never fails to give me great service and prices at the "gun shop" half. I am not sure how all his prices compare but think he has the best price on Glocks in town.

Sallee 'S Gun Shop Information
    West Lafayette, IN

Contact Info: Sallee 'S Gun Shop(765) 463-1813
    Mailing Address: Sallee, Richard D Jr3330 Klondike RdWest Lafayette, IN. 47906

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    When you say for the record... Please be so kind as to let me in on why they arent much better. I've never been disrespected in AB. I've never bought a gun in AB because of their prices, but I only go for the range anyways.

Every time I go in their I get lectured about why what I'm looking at in their store is "garbage" or "junk". Typically their glocks or kel-tecs. If its crap, why are you carrying it. I remember mentioning carrying my glock 23, and the younger guy said "why?" and started talking about all of the reasons glocks arent good and what he didn't like. Probly because of all of their XDs, but I don't care.

I don't care for being argued with about what I WANT, I am the customer, leave me alone and let me purchase what I want. Especially if you stock it.

I'll reserve my comments about the older cowboy looking gentlemen who can't shut up and leave me alone whenever I walk past him. Sometimes customers just want to browse without hearing stories about when dinosaurs walked the earth. Same thing happened at the lafayette gun show.

Their prices suck, and their staff is rude

Top Bottom