• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I went to go to Lafayette Guns & Gear today, and to my surprise it is no longer there. The Building has a sign for rent on it. Does anyone know if they have moved or just went out of business? There are not many places left, Just pawn shops and ACE AND RICO'S.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I went to go to Lafayette Guns & Gear today, and to my surprise it is no longer there. The Building has a sign for rent on it. Does anyone know if they have moved or just went out of business? There are not many places left, Just pawn shops and ACE AND RICO'S.

Out of business.. Has been for quite some time now..

All those other places mentioned are the only other ones with Ace & Rico and Applied Ballistics having the best selection.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are not many places left, Just pawn shops and ACE AND RICO'S

That's a joke, right? We need a consolidated "there ain't no good restaurants or gun stores where I drive back from work" thread.:D

Don't read the paper? (can't blame ya) A new gun store was just in it: Diamond V: Home

Or, go see smiling George at Tippecanoe Sport Shop: Tippecanoe Sport Shop

Ace & Rice, who I would love to give money to if they ever get my gear in *whistles*: Ace & Rico, LLC

Applied Ballistics: ABSI

Les has been out of business for many moons. With such a market for guns as Lafayette I am confused about why you said "not many places left". One restaurant closes, three open.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I have never been to Diamond V, will have to see what there hours are, was heading to Tippecanoe sport shop today but they are not open on Mondays like all the other Gun stores in Lafayette. I was bored today and was just wanting to do some window shopping/dreaming.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I just called them (Sallee's Lawn Equipment) to see if they had new/used firearms in stock and got a answering machine. I think I will make a trip over there Tomorrow and see in person. I will also go see what Diamond V has to offer.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He said he just wanted to do shows :( Made me sad, I loved his store, had a bunch of holsters and accessories.

In Lafayette, I highly recommend Applied Ballistics. All kinds of accessories and goodies, more every time I go in. And an indoor range to boot, if you want one.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've tried to find Paris a couple times but never could get there. Diamond V was a favorite of mine when they were still in Delphi, but I haven't been in since they moved to Lafayette..

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    RAM-Z pawn shop is the best around to be honest, Ace n Rico is pretty good, but small selection, Diamond V I need to stop back into, went like their first week open I'm sure thy have more left. And i go to AB when I want a good laugh.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    HOWEVER

Has anyone been to the BP on st road 25 and 65????? It has a sporting good store in it with fishing gear, archery, paintball and long guns!?!?! I was unaware but have not been there to investigate the long guns. Owner seemed nice though

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    HOWEVER

Has anyone been to the BP on st road 25 and 65????? It has a sporting good store in it with fishing gear, archery, paintball and long guns!?!?! I was unaware but have not been there to investigate the long guns. Owner seemed nice though

Many moons ago before it was a gas station, there was a hunting supply shop there; dealt mainly in archery.

I used to travel the state quite a bit and stopped in there on a whim just to check it out. He had firearms in there, then.

The property/building has been through quite a bit since then, but it seems to me like it might be the same owner.

-J-

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Many moons ago before it was a gas station, there was a hunting supply shop there; dealt mainly in archery.

I used to travel the state quite a bit and stopped in there on a whim just to check it out. He had firearms in there, then.

The property/building has been through quite a bit since then, but it seems to me like it might be the same owner.

-J-

I stopped by around 8pm(after that part had closed) about 3 weeks ago and the gentlemen said there was long guns, scopes, ammo, and pistol ammo. I could see a few rifles, but was wondering if it was just that, a few.

Thanks for the heads up :yesway: His priority does appear to be archery however

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    His priority does appear to be archery however

Well, the name of the joint is "Arrows III and Tackle Too":D So, yeah, archery seems to be right up his alley.

Oddly, Arrows III always had .22lr ammo throughout the Great Obama Ammo Drought of '09-'10. I stopped in there for those 100 round red plastic Winchester boxes every time I went to Delphi.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    HOWEVER

I think you can count the number of long guns on your hands in that store. It is a very neat place. Where else could you fill up your diesel tank, get some slim jims, a stuffed bird, some night crawlers and a shotgun. All in the same place.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    Not many guns at Arrows III and Tackle Too, ammo prices are ok, Great place for Fishing stuff. I didn't realize that Diamond V was in Delphi, I will be going in there tomorrow to see what they have.

Top Bottom