• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    my wife and i are going pistol shopping tomorrow and she wants a walther p22. i was thinking about going to pops and brandis, i called gander and they were wanting $419 for that little thing. i have never been to brandis before so i dont know what to expect. she wants to get into competition pistol and she doesnt want to spend alot of money on a pistol.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bradis and Pops are both good places. You might also try Plainfield Shooting Supply. Gander's prices are set by the corporate office and they're generally (but not always) too high.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    where exactly is plain field shooting supply at?
    It's off of 40, in Plainfield. Across from the Wal-Mart.

I have found that PSS and Bradis are the better of the local shops. I don't really care for Pops, and the last time I was in there I believe their prices were a little higher than PSS/Bradis.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    ill call around tomorrow to find the cheapest price first and then ill drive to the shops and see which one is in the best condition for the price

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    50% of the firearms I own were bought at Bradis. Not sure if it applies to all guns, but I was pleasantly surprised at their guarantee a year ago. 30 days to return a gun you don't like for the same $ value on another gun. I was happy with my purchase, so I can't say that I tried it.

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I got mine from Beech Grove Firearms for around $300 a while back. He had them in stock a couple of weeks ago but guns have been flying off the shelves I am told.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A+ for Bradis. I've gotten good deals there more than once.

It doesn't bother to drive down there from Noblesville, which is basically an hour + drive.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I go to Bradis all the time It is a great shop they always treat me right. And I have to say their prices are awesome. I have made several purchases from them. A big +1 for Bradis...JC

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My family has shopped at Bradis for 15 years or so... they are starting to become one of the higher priced places, however they'll get lots of older mil-surplus rifles in, and usually have some crazy row prices on random stuff. If you see something you like there... drive a bit farther down 67, turn into mooresville and stop at AAC and check their prices too.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Prices

I am an employee of Bradis and contrary to what Ryanmercer has to say we are not one of the highest places in town. The owner is very careful with his pricing and has always prided himself on having great prices. We have one of the largest inventories in Marion County and are always willing to track down anything that someone is looking for. Unless a store in town has decided to just make no profit at all we will meet or beat anyones pricing. Obviously some people don't realize the expense that it involves to have the very gun and ammo in stock that any particular customer might be looking for at any given moment.:twocents:

If your wife is looking for a Competion gun then I would stay away from the Walther. Not a very accurate gun at more than 10 or 15 yds. Look into a Browning or Ruger or the Smith & Wesson 41.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If your wife is looking for a Competion gun then I would stay away from the Walther. Not a very accurate gun at more than 10 or 15 yds. Look into a Browning or Ruger or the Smith & Wesson 41.

Is this also true of that new Phaser-looking Walther .22 pistol?

-J-

Top Bottom