• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They now have a full auto uzi you can rent and shoot for $100 and I think they throw in 100 rounds (or maybe 50).

They also have AKs for sale for, OK guess? $1100.00

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    why would it be stolen? do they have a rep for selling stolen stuff?

They, shall we say......do not enjoy a high and fine reputation around here! Rumors abound of high prices, less than safe range conditions, and non-customer-friendly staff.

Many years ago, Don himself told me he "don't want no f&%$in' cops in my store". I've done everything I can to comply with his wishes.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    They, shall we say......do not enjoy a high and fine reputation around here! Rumors abound of high prices, less than safe range conditions, and non-customer-friendly staff.

Many years ago, Don himself told me he "don't want no f&%' cops in my store". I've done everything I can to comply with his wishes.

:+1: Plus there's the whole mob connection thing!!! :rockwoot: :yesway: :D
    :cheers:

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    Back when Don actually worked at the stores, my dad walked into the one in Greenwood for something, and Don was showing a handgun to a woman. Don was holding the gun, and said "look, it points real good too" and pointed it right at my dad's head. He turned around and walked out, and hasn't been back since, and that was 20 years ago.

I was in Don's shooting my XD on the way home from work to function test my new mags (winter time), and got to looking at the prices... For the same XD that I had just gotten for $450 shipped, they wanted $750 (MSRP of like $530), and A YEAR AGO, before any of the BHO bull, they were asking $2400 for a DMPS Panther 16" .223, that I had just seen on DPMS's website with an MSRP of $7something... it was a "base" .223 AR...

One guy that works there is a complete dickhead, but the other is OK...

Mike

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Back when Don actually worked at the stores, my dad walked into the one in Greenwood for something, and Don was showing a handgun to a woman. Don was holding the gun, and said "look, it points real good too" and pointed it right at my dad's head. He turned around and walked out, and hasn't been back since, and that was 20 years ago.

I was in Don's shooting my XD on the way home from work to function test my new mags (winter time), and got to looking at the prices... For the same XD that I had just gotten for $450 shipped, they wanted $750 (MSRP of like $530), and A YEAR AGO, before any of the BHO bull, they were asking $2400 for a DMPS Panther 16" .223, that I had just seen on DPMS's website with an MSRP of $7something... it was a "base" .223 AR...

One guy that works there is a complete dickhead, but the other is OK...

Mike
    Yep. Waaaaayyyy back in 1985 when the US military decided to adopt the Beretta 92/M9, Don raised his price by $200 because he knew interest in the gun would rise!!!. And that was 20+ years ago. Imagine what 200 in 1985 dollars would equal now!!! :n00b:

I'll dance the day that slime-bag dies!!!:xmad:

:cheers:

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    What I don't understand is why do people buy from him? Obviously he must be selling something to stay in business all these years.
    Marketing. Until a few weeks ago when I got on here, Don's Guns was the only shop around here that I had heard of. The avg person buying a gun on a panic/whim is not necessarily going to do their research and call around on prices...they're going to go to what they know and have seen on tv. No other gun shops around here advertise on the tv like he does...Just my :twocents:.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Marketing. Until a few weeks ago when I got on here, Don's Guns was the only shop around here that I had heard of. The avg person buying a gun on a panic/whim is not necessarily going to do their research and call around on prices...they're going to go to what they know and have seen on tv. No other gun shops around here advertise on the tv like he does...Just my :twocents:.

Agreed.

If you suddenly need or desire a firearm and you're not an enthusiast or afficionado, you're likely to rely on what you've seen on tv a million times.

Top Bottom