Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whittakers trip

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Whittakers trip

Whittakers Guns! Better than a gun show!

Just got home from a road trip to Whittakers. Whittaker Guns

Spent some Christmas $$ on a .22lr CZ 452 American, rings for same, and a Brooks trigger kit. The place was packed but they had plenty of employees on hand. One of the quickest, easiest gun purchases I've ever made even though you could barely move through the aisles.

If you've never been to Whittakers (AKA The Temple of Gun Lust) it's about time you went. If you live south of US 40 and haven't been there I'm sure that's a violation of some sort. If you live north of US 40, c'mon sport, it's a road trip deluxe! Where else besides a gun show can you see a thousand guns (my estimate) out on display? Mapquest says it's only about 4 hours from the southside of Indy.

Heading to Crosley to shoot the new gun in the morning.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    Whittakers Guns! Better than a gun show!

Just got home from a road trip to Whittakers. Whittaker Guns

If you've never been to Whittakers (AKA The Temple of Gun Lust) it's about time you went. If you live south of US 40 and haven't been there I'm sure that's a violation of some sort. If you live north of US 40, c'mon sport, it's a road trip deluxe! Where else besides a gun show can you see a thousand guns (my estimate) out on display? Mapquest says it's only about 4 hours from the southside of Indy.
    I've got one just as good. You went to Owensboro and didn't eat at the Moonlight BBQ. I haven't been to Owensboro in several years but the two together would be worth a road trip

MoonLight BBQ
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

User Info Menu

It is an adventure!

I was in there one evening, think there was only one other customer - checked out, then asked what their current inventory was.

He smiled typed on the computer for a bit and said 3800 at the moment, but they were way down.

On another visit, I carried the rifle I wanted to buy up to the counter. It was the only one on display. The lady at the small counter in the middle by the entrance said..you sure you want that one? And promptly brought ought eight others from the back so I could pick out the nicest wood.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Correction!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sarge View Post
    I've got one just as good. You went to Owensboro and didn't eat at the Moonlight BBQ. I haven't been to Owensboro in several years but the two together would be worth a road trip

MoonLight BBQ
    My deepest apologies! We did eat at the Moonlite () and I failed to mention it. The shame of it all!

User Info Menu

I've been to Owensboro on numerous occasions. I think I had the most teeth in town. Next time I go, I'm going to have to find this place.

Meh.

User Info Menu

We went the day after Christmas and it was packed then too. The "Assault rifle" (their words not mine) aisle was down to about 50 or so usually there are 250+. I have never bought a gun there and most likely won't but it is somewhere everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.

I did make a trip to Kieslers in Jeffersonville yesterday, another must visit gun shop.
    I know what I am about, do you? AKA Mudcat

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Same - same

Quote Originally Posted by NEOCON View Post
    We went the day after Christmas and it was packed then too. The "Assault rifle" (their words not mine) aisle was down to about 50 or so usually there are 250+. I have never bought a gun there and most likely won't but it is somewhere everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.

I did make a trip to Kieslers in Jeffersonville yesterday, another must visit gun shop.
    The "tactical" section was mostly depleted except for a dozen shotguns and a half dozen ARs. They did have a couple varmint type black rifles. Looked like the AR business is booming down south.

Expert

User Info Menu

You are right.......Whittakers and the Moonlight BBQ go together, been there......done that, and can/t wait to go back.

User Info Menu

I have to make the trip once a month.
    That and the skinny pedal on the right likes touching the carpet!!!!http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...ies/rockon.gif

User Info Menu

Moonlight's food has gone downhill.

The other week, I was down at Whittakers and it was the first time I had ever seem huge empty spaces on the racks. You could see through to the next aisle, and it was kinda sickening.

Gun shows are a waste of time once you've been to Whittakers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast