• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Finally had time to stop in today and check the shop out.

:rockwoot: I like it!! :yesway:

Good friendly staff willing to help with any questions and offer help. Good prices, nice selection, and cover all the bases. You can never have too many shops in town, and I am very glad to have Sniper Co. in my town! Keep up the good work guys :yesway:

:ingo:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Havent had a chance to stop by there new shop yet, however did speak them over the phone for quite sometime asking questions and getting some opinions. They were very friendly, professional and not pushy in any way!
    Cant wait to check them out, but so far Im quite satisfied with the way I was treated.
    Nice to see a new business in town.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    6011 Highview Dr. Off W. Washington Cntr. Rd. Go Past past Gander just before the stop light to the right.

Introduce yourself when you stop in!:rockwoot:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Stopped in the other day and put in a back order on a CZ85C. A couple of the guys looked at me funny when I said CZ, but I suppose that's forgivable.

They had some nice long guns, and a few cans on display. Prices seemed pretty reasonable for the most part (except for the WWB ammo!).

It's a bit of a haul from New Haven, but it might be my new favorite shop in Fort Wayne.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well, the truth shall set you free so I really must pass this on.

I have a friend who works there. My first time in he did everything to make me feel welcome and showed me around. The place has a decent selection and very aggressive prices. I felt comfortable enough to tell him I am actively looking for a 1-4x Leatherwood Hi-Lux scope. This is not his forte so he passed me off to one of the owners who did nothing to let me in on what or if he was doing to search for me. I stood there for a few minutes while this guy doinked around on the computer. I was running out of time so I asked if he had found anything. He unceremoniously said, "No". I was cool with that since every store has their own distributors and they can't carry everything. No prob. Before leaving I pointed to a Millett 1-4x scope in the case with a $400 price tag and told the owner, quietly I might add, that this scope must be mistagged because you can buy them all day for $220. He checked and found out I was right. I was busy so I promised my friend I would be back.

The next day I stopped in again and bought some mags and targets. I do not finger dealer's inventory unless I am really interested so I had never asked to see any guns before now. I had just paid for the mags and targets and asked one of the owners if I could see the S&W M&P22 rifle as I have never seen one in person. He said sure but never turned around. After about two mins I asked again and he said to my friend who works there, "I have to go back in the office. Show him that M&P22." My friend was dealing with other customers and had no time. The owner handed HIM the rifle then went back to doing nothing that I could tell. He never did "go back to the office" to do stuff as he had said. I briefly looked at the rifle and handed it back and left.

I don't like to judge people on one or two trips in so I let it go and thought nothing of it. I sent one of my employees from work and a neighbor there to check out specific firearms I know they are interested in. They did not know Sniperco was even there. Long story short, both returned after seperate trips and told me that there was a "real nice guy with a crewcut", my friend, but the other two guys were very rude and condescending, even nasty. One of the guys they treated poorly is a disabled vet returned from Afghan.

I haven't made up my mind about Sniperco yet but it sure is a rocky start. You can spend thousands of $'s and months of time to get a new prospective customer in the door but mere seconds to destroy that contact.

bab2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    SW Fort Wayne
    Visited store a couple weeks after they opened and expected to find some of the on line inventory in the store. No and the prices were a bit higher than online.

Asked about two items, was told to place order via their web site and have it shipped to store in my name and the shipping would be no charge.

Was not worth the 2nd trip, so ordered via another site that also provided no shipping cost.

I would prefer to buy local first, and locally owned as well, even if slightly more, but in this case the warm fuzzy feeling I expected was not there.

They are to be great with the long guns and required additions, just expect they were not prepared for the foot traffic and the dealings required for face to face retail.

Growing pains I am certain.:popcorn:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I went in there the other day, it was a very cool shop. Gun prices seemed fair, but holy crap the ammo is insane for the most part. A box of 45acp Winchester white box for $65? I thought Gander was insane on ammo prices.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tough crowd!

I went in there the other day, it was a very cool shop. Gun prices seemed fair, but holy crap the ammo is insane for the most part. A box of 45acp Winchester white box for $65? I thought Gander was insane on ammo prices.

Retail is a tough business. Any kind of retail. Hard to beat the internet guys who have very small overhead as far as real estate goes and can buy larger quantities to get better prices. Or just drop ship from the manufacturer or wholesaler and hold no inventory at all. That local shop can be very handy in a pinch, though. Sometimes you're willing to pay for convenience.:draw::dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Retail is a tough business. Any kind of retail. Hard to beat the internet guys who have very small overhead as far as real estate goes and can buy larger quantities to get better prices. Or just drop ship from the manufacturer or wholesaler and hold no inventory at all. That local shop can be very handy in a pinch, though. Sometimes you're willing to pay for convenience.:draw::dunno:

I am very pro local gun shop, if possible I will order from my shop of choice in Fort Wayne, even willing to pay extra. Just not $65 for a $35 item. I understand needing to cover overhead and make a profit, but come on lol.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, they were asking $40 for a 100rd box of WWB 9mm. If you're going to charge those prices why bother even stocking it? Some of their other ammo was priced more reasonably.

The guy I talked to mentioned that a website revision was in the works that will more accurately reflect their actual stock. As customer service goes, I get the feeling it's just a bit inconsistent depending on who you talk to. There are a couple guys in there that are great and really with it, and then there are a couple others who could work on their people skills a bit.

Either way, it's a cool shop and worth checking out.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Stopped in to many of the local shops today in search of a particular pistol my father has been eye balling. Although Sniper Co. is a bit higher priced on their ammo and components they by far had the best price on firearms hands down. They were busy but I had two of the people ask if I needed help if a very friendly manner. Both were very courteous and did a super job. Attitude was exceptional.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    justynrhynesr
    Top Bottom