• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1221

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    REELSVILLE
    Went to Top Gun in Terre Haute for the 5 th time...Making them my new Gun store. Have the best in stock of tactical guns and equipment ...Steve is a great guy to talk to, and prices are more competitive than other stores. An honest retailer who sells at prices he is able to get in the age of gouging nice to see someone that chat=rges his markup and is happy not getting s 75% mark up....

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Well, I agree with B-Man. I finally went in there to see what all the talk was about.
    I found the best prices in Terre Haute! and I have been nearly EVERYWHERE. I bought
    a gun the same day as my son bought 2 at Gander, and he could have save $107 ON THE PAIR
    if he had bought at Top Guns! I just got a Smith and Wesson M&P9 for $499 (plus tax)
    and picked up some PMags same day. They also have a lot of frangible .223 on the shelf
    and saw about 1/2 as many boxes of 5.56 next to it. Prolly 300 rds 5.56 and ~600 rds
    of the frangible .223 in there.
    It's where I'm going FIRST from now on, and I was here for quite a while before I ever set foot in Top Guns.
    I had to check it out when I heard the hoopla :D

bman1221

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    REELSVILLE
    SHCdvldg guess I got "tripped" bought my 3rd gun from them and some more ammo at the best prices I could find....finally a place that I can go to that has current stuff at decent prices

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    +1 for Top Guns in Terre Haute. Just picked up a new Ruger SR45 for less than $400. Decent selection given # of people buying. Even had 22lr on the shelf. 9mm for $16/50. Very polite even though place was so full you could barely turn around.

indianaFALguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Just picked up some ammo from Top Guns today. Considering what's going on right now, they had a pretty good selection and decent prices. I've been going there since before the current craze. Really like the people and selection. If they don't know the answers to my random questions they will look it up or call someone who knows it. They're getting ready to move to a bigger place and have a gun range plus they're going to be carrying tactical equipment.

Guy

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I hope it's an indoor range!
    They were talking about taking over the martial arts studio next door. Much bigger place!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just went there yesterday, I called the day before and they held a S&W M&P .45 FDE for me. The price was worth the drive. Nice little store and very friendly staff. They have a pretty nice website too.

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I just bought a Sig Mosquito and a Ruger SR1911 there yesterday. Both were ver reasonably priced. Good find because I get out there every other week or so.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Waaay Kewl Guys! I just put $100 down on a really sweeet
    Savage 93 in 17 HMR size. I was doing my research on these
    and TG had one in stock with the comp BULL BARREL and all
    Gander had was standard ones. Another LGS had a Marlin
    but it was gone, and besides psycho-Billionaire George Soros
    bought out Marlin and several other gun mfg's so be careful
    what you buy, you know he will eventually use our own $$$$$
    Against the US and freedom loving people.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Yes, Top Guns is becoming my go to LGS. Dropped in earlier today, even though I did not have cash for anything. I am still surprised at their reasonable pricing and decent selection. They had a new M&P on the shelf for only $10 more than what I sold my used one for a couple weeks ago.

Was talking to the proprietor about prices of ammo. Can't say he is as cheap as Wally World, but he does seem to try. He said that he has been refraining from ordering ammo from his suppliers when they ask for too much. One supplier wanted to sell him 500+ct 22LR for $40. He told them he was not going to even try to sell that to his customers. He does have limits on qty so that they can hopefully spread the ammo out when they get.

GlockRyan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I've been in the store a couple of times. They have a friendly staff, but I've heard mixed reviews about the prices they offer for used guns. I was told by a guy at one of the other local shops that they offered him less than $200 for a used glock.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I've been in the store a couple of times. They have a friendly staff, but I've heard mixed reviews about the prices they offer for used guns. I was told by a guy at one of the other local shops that they offered him less than $200 for a used glock.

With all the private sale opportunities, the only reason to get a buy quote
    from a Gun Store is for idle curiosity! Private sale could net maybe $350-400
    or more if the used weapon is in fine shape, IMO, and I'm not even a
    Block Fan. (lolZ):):
    The key here is "another local shop" it seems. A little competitive sniping maybe? :draw:

CambyGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I called Top gun last Friday and they told me they had a "new" Glock 23 gen 3. I drove a little over an hour to pick it up. when I got there I told them they were holding an gun for me.

The clerk came out with a case and the Gun on top of it, and in the other hand has the second magazine. I picked up the gun and he said wait that has not been cleared and took it back.

Then as I was looking at the gun I looked at the box and it had a 17 information on it. I looked at him and he informed me that the box to the 23 must have went out with the 17 when they sold it.

First he let me get a hold of a gun that was not cleared, then tried to explain why he didn't have the original box to a "new" gun. All sounds pretty fishy to me. I won't go back

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I called Top gun last Friday and they told me they had a "new" Glock 23 gen 3. I drove a little over an hour to pick it up. when I got there I told them they were holding an gun for me.

The clerk came out with a case and the Gun on top of it, and in the other hand has the second magazine. I picked up the gun and he said wait that has not been cleared and took it back.

Then as I was looking at the gun I looked at the box and it had a 17 information on it. I looked at him and he informed me that the box to the 23 must have went out with the 17 when they sold it.

First he let me get a hold of a gun that was not cleared, then tried to explain why he didn't have the original box to a "new" gun. All sounds pretty fishy to me. I won't go back

Heck of a first post grasshopper, welcome to ingo

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha

The fishy thing here is that you've been registered on this site for nearly five years and this is your very first post. Really? You picked this thread and this instance to troll Top Guns? I think the general consensus here is that this is NOT the typical experience when visiting this LGS. What you failed to point out is that the owner went out of his way to make sure you had a factory new Glock (albeit without the correct box) at a price you would never find any where else. You also failed to mention that the magazine was correct as well as the manuals (all Glocks come with the same generic manuals and paperwork). Its very suspicious that this is your very first post on INGO and its just complaining about a place you have been to one time in a market place where you would be hard pressed to find a used Glock 23 for the price you were quoted. If anything is fishy, it is your one sided recollection of an abnormal experience at Top Guns. :dunno:

Top Bottom