• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I had a very poor experience with B & H firearms here in Fort Wayne. I had been in before to check out selection & price (nether were very good). I went in again, looking for a box of 9mm ammo I could tell it was a “good OL boys club” and I was not really welcome. Despite the ample amount they refused to sell me just one box. He told me that since I was not a customer of his that he would not sell me the ammo. He would only sell ammo to people whom previously bought firearms from him. He could not afford to fun out and for his customers to buy ammo elsewhere and decide to start buying there fire arms there also. I have probably been to about every gun store, dicks & Wal-Mart within 30 miles to purchase ammo and have never been denied. I have never had a worse experience shopping anywhere for anything else in my life. :xmad:
    With the economy in the condition it is and the immense competition in the firearms sales today I simply cannot understand anyone turning away any business. I believe he has his business felicity completely ass backwards. Instead of me becoming a “customer of his” I will continue to be a customer of someone else & will continue to purchase my firearms elsewhere. I would suggest you do the same.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Wow that's a bold and I mean BOLD business move to make, but I guess if you are selling a lot of guns and have a good standing with your current customers that would be a good policy, but I still wouldn't do it.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My wife works three blocks from B & H. Occasionally I ask her to pick up some small item like bore brushes or something similar. She receives terrible service and is usually told to just look for it and if she does not see it they do not carry the item. She has told me several times that there are usually LEOs in the shop talking and the owner does not pay attention to customers. Yes, it seems to be a hang out rather than a functioning gun shop. Too bad this shop has an "attitude".

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    he only caters to police officers. i have picked up a magazine and a holster from there, but i dont think ill go back ever again.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I have been there a few times, and have actually purchased a few guns, but thats been years ago. Even then, one time I would go in and he would be nice and friendly, the next time he acted like I was bothering him. Probably why I stopped going.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That's pretty sad. It's a wonder how someone can stay in business with that type of attitude toward customers.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    Before I purchased my first handgun, I did a little shopping around. I was 99% sure what I was going to pick up, but I still wanted to get the opinions of different gun shops. When I went to B&H, I asked about various handguns. Everything that I asked about was "pretty good." Thanks for all the help!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    In this day and age it is hard to see how anyone with that kind of business sence could stay in business for any lengfh of time, But sadly I have seen it first hand with a gun shop in NIles MI the Firing Pin is the same way, They act like they dont know you or worse yet are just plane rude if you ask them a question. The best we can do is not support them and warn others to do the same.

csfreestyle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    I found myself in Ft. Fun this weekend and came across B&H on my way out of town. Stopping in on an impulse (had not seen this thread yet...) my experience was congruous with most here; a handful of uniformed officers hanging out chewing the fat with the proprietors. The prices were a little high, but I've noticed my tolerance for inflated prices has been growing for a while now.

One thing I can say the store has going for it is a wide selection of GEAR (lights, lasers, mace, mag holsters, etc.) Didn't seem very well organized; not sure there was a method to the madness... but it was nice to see some glass cases with STUFF in them (most shops seem pretty thin of late)

Cheers...

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I found myself in Ft. Fun this weekend and came across B&H on my way out of town. Stopping in on an impulse (had not seen this thread yet...) my experience was congruous with most here; a handful of uniformed officers hanging out chewing the fat with the proprietors. The prices were a little high, but I've noticed my tolerance for inflated prices has been growing for a while now.

One thing I can say the store has going for it is a wide selection of GEAR (lights, lasers, mace, mag holsters, etc.) Didn't seem very well organized; not sure there was a method to the madness... but it was nice to see some glass cases with STUFF in them (most shops seem pretty thin of late)

Cheers...

I am sure he had stuff in his cases cuz he has not sold anything in a while.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    While I don't condone his business practices I know a few shops that will hold back ammo for their regulars, it may not be the best business practice but I can see his point. If he has "Good Ol Boys" in there all the time it is in his best interest to hold back some ammo for them.
    I know if I went to my regular shop and they were out, then went somewhere else and saw better prices and friendly staff I sure as hell wouldn't be going back to my regular shop.
    His previous business practices have forced this into play I am sure many of his customers go there because it is the only place they have gone for years, imagine what would happen to his business if those people went to a shop like 21st Century where they are treated with respect and the prices are good. He would lose them forever.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've stopped into Big Hemorrhoids a few times...
    I was treated like ****.
    A few years ago I wanted to buy some Glock mags and had cash in my pocket so I stopped in there. I walked in and looked around but the little ******* didn't even ask me if he could help me. I finally walked up to his counter and asked him if he had G17 mags. He never even looked up at me and all he said was "maybe". When I asked him to check and see and tell me a price he said... and I quote "if I got'em... for you their 150.00 bucks each." and he said this with a straight face and never looked up at me.
    I turned around to leave just as a LEO walked through the door and ol' shitbag jumped up and treated him like he was somebody special.

I do know from talking to others who know him that he believes that no one but police should own guns.

Top Bottom