• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    wanted to pick up one more g17 mag for uspsa this weekend just in case one of mine had issues.... pops had one left and wanted to charge me 60$ for it!!
    to make it worse... i used to be an employee there before i went to iraq....
    :noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Indy, why does this suprise you? They over charged you for items when you had your employee discount, the only thing that has changed is that you are a bit smarter now! :)

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    +1 for PSS. Good prices on everything that I have directly compared.
    Wish they were not so far from Fishers...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If people are willing to pay $60.00 for a Glock magazine, what is the problem?

No one is making anyone pay $60.00, you could go somewhere else. I hear they have the Internet on computers now. It's a series of tubes.:D

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    When Pops used to be at 10th and Mitthoeffer, in the strip mall, they had good prices. They also had OK prices when they finally moved into the building they are at now. Today, their prices are high, but I really can't say I blame them. Mike, who I don't know personally and only spoken with a handful of times, has every reason to try and grab every penny he can. If you read their website, they talk about how Mike's son opened up "That Fun Place" out in Greenfield. It also says that Mike started some sort of internet/computer company. At one point in time, the business was for sale. Also, there is a part that brushes on "Mikes health," so maybe the guy is sick. Anyways, if you look at where the country is heading on guns, how his son is moving totally out of the gun business, wanting to sell the company, etc., I don't blame him for trying to make it really worth his while. Gun control laws come and go, but eventually I think it will be so costly and risky to own guns and/or sell guns, a city like Indy will be lucky to have even one gun store. First they attacked tobacco with lawsuits, then taxes. Now they are attacking alcohol (think CIB bailout) with taxes. Personal lawsuits against some bars are now common if the drinking results in harm or death to another person. Ammo and guns are next on the list.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    When Pops used to be at 10th and Mitthoeffer, in the strip mall, they had good prices. They also had OK prices when they finally moved into the building they are at now. Today, their prices are high, but I really can't say I blame them. Mike, who I don't know personally and only spoken with a handful of times, has every reason to try and grab every penny he can. If you read their website, they talk about how Mike's son opened up "That Fun Place" out in Greenfield. Over 5 years ago. It also says that Mike started some sort of internet/computer company. He has many online web stores, has for over 3 years that I know of. At one point in time, the business was for sale. It still is, unless something changed the last time I was there a month ago. Also, there is a part that brushes on "Mikes health," so maybe the guy is sick. He had cancer, over 5 years years ago, I believe, and last I talked to him he was still in remission. Anyways, if you look at where the country is heading on guns, how his son is moving totally out of the gun business, wanting to sell the company, etc., I don't blame him for trying to make it really worth his while. Gun control laws come and go, but eventually I think it will be so costly and risky to own guns and/or sell guns, a city like Indy will be lucky to have even one gun store. First they attacked tobacco with lawsuits, then taxes. Now they are attacking alcohol (think CIB bailout) with taxes. Personal lawsuits against some bars are now common if the drinking results in harm or death to another person. Ammo and guns are next on the list.

You also forgot that Mike's wife now owns and runs the business. Mike is there daily working on his internet stores and helping out in the store where he can, although he has no say in how it is run. So he says.
    I honestly don't think the reasons stated above are the reasons why the prices are outrageous. They charge what they charge because people still pay them. We've all wondered how Don's stays in business with his prices. Many have said it, I'll repeat it, Pops has become Don's on the east side.

Top Bottom