• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I went into Bob's new store just to check it out. I am pleasantly surprised and happy. I have posted a review about his old store so I want to put one about the new store.

I walked in and and was not greeted with cigarette smoke or a scouling look from Bob. He looked up from his paperwork that he was doing while singing and said hello. We chatted for a few minutes and then I started looking around. His selection was a lot bigger and I am glad to see he has added new product and a reloading area that rivals anything in the State that I know of. I bought some gun cleaning stuff and talked to Bob for a few more minutes before I left. He even said thank you for coming and that he appreciates my business. I have been back a few other time and he is the same way, it is great to see the changes all around.

Also I know his business neighbors and they were worried at first because they had heard the stories but never met them. Once they met Bob and his crew they have had a great relationship now and love have him beside them.

Good job Bob.:yesway:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Good to hear! I used to stop in the shop quite a bit, but haven't been in a good while. Where is the new location?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Good to hear! I used to stop in the shop quite a bit, but haven't been in a good while. Where is the new location?

It's across the street (South side of 40 instead of North) and East of the old shop, in a strip mall behind the Arby's if I recall. Not more than a block away from the old location. Much larger, newer store, with more room to spread out reloading supplies, more counter space, etc. A lot less cramped and very nicely done. (If an Armchair Deputy is parked out in front of a case, it doesn't block the whole traffic flow in the store :):).

The proprietor still has his usual excellent taste in music, however...:yesway: Nicest gun store in town, and a well-due upgrade in my opinion.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's across the street (South side of 40 instead of North) and East of the old shop, in a strip mall behind the Arby's if I recall. Not more than a block away from the old location. Much larger, newer store, with more room to spread out reloading supplies, more counter space, etc. A lot less cramped and very nicely done. (If an Armchair Deputy is parked out in front of a case, it doesn't block the whole traffic flow in the store :):).

The proprietor still has his usual excellent taste in music, however...:yesway: Nicest gun store in town, and a well-due upgrade in my opinion.

Thank you! I am excited to go check it out my next time through town!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The store's nice, it's bigger and not as cluttered now, the merchandise all has it's place. The day I went in Bob wasn't there, I had been interested in one of the Windham .308's and they actually had one on the shelf. I asked a guy how much it was and he said he didn't know they just got it but he was sure it was 'at least a grand'. I'm sure it was captain obvious, if you don't want people asking about it until you price it don't put it out. He walked away and I thought maybe he was going to get a price but he sat back down at the counter and started texting. I was dressed casual that day maybe he thought I was a poor person. I went somewhere else and bought two guns so their loss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The store's nice, it's bigger and not as cluttered now, the merchandise all has it's place. The day I went in Bob wasn't there, I had been interested in one of the Windham .308's and they actually had one on the shelf. I asked a guy how much it was and he said he didn't know they just got it but he was sure it was 'at least a grand'. I'm sure it was captain obvious, if you don't want people asking about it until you price it don't put it out. He walked away and I thought maybe he was going to get a price but he sat back down at the counter and started texting. I was dressed casual that day maybe he thought I was a poor person. I went somewhere else and bought two guns so their loss.

Make sure Bob is aware of this. He will lite him up.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield

Are you talking about the short guy in his late 30's with somewhat of a combover?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

All I can say, is WOW !!!!!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I stopped in today and bought some powder and primers. The powder is in it's own little room, which I didn't see at first. I asked Bob and he was quite helpful and got me to the right area.

The new store is large, well lit, and doesn't smell like butt and moldy gym socks. So, an improvement all around.

Guns are still zip tied closed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stopped in today and bought some powder and primers. The powder is in it's own little room, which I didn't see at first. I asked Bob and he was quite helpful and got me to the right area.

The new store is large, well lit, and doesn't smell like butt and moldy gym socks. So, an improvement all around.

You said "Butt"..............:):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Yeah. Why do the zip tie thing? Safety precaution?

Really like the new store though

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I stopped in about 2 weeks ago, saw a nice Glock in the used case for a fair price. Told clerk I wanted it. He asked if it was my first time in the new shop, I responded affirmatively, he said to Bob - "First time in Bob!" to which Bob replies "$50 off!" I never asked for a discount. :D +1

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Best gun shop in Central Indiana hands down. If your desparate enough to trade in a gun at a gun shop, Bob is by far the fairest

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Best gun shop in Central Indiana hands down. If your desparate enough to trade in a gun at a gun shop, Bob is by far the fairest

Agreed, definitely been my experience. Actually, for some things, considering the sales tax savings of trading, it was as advantageous for me to trade to Bob as it would have been selling to a private party, and much quicker.

Don't get me wrong, Bob makes his %, but he doesn't seem to feel he needs to make a huge margin on each individual sale.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I use to shop there until I started trading at Beech Grove Firearms. Bob was always nice. When the PF9 first came out I wanted one really bad. I went to his shop and like everyone they were out. Bob pulled his personal Pf9 off his belt so I could see it. He said if I wanted it he would sell it to me at used price even though I don't think it had been shot.

That was a pretty cool experience.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I use to shop there until I started trading at Beech Grove Firearms. Bob was always nice. When the PF9 first came out I wanted one really bad. I went to his shop and like everyone they were out. Bob pulled his personal Pf9 off his belt so I could see it. He said if I wanted it he would sell it to me at used price even though I don't think it had been shot.

That was a pretty cool experience.

That's how I got my PF9 too!

Top Bottom