• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    After my preferred FFL retired, I found a local, inexpensive FFL to receive the stuff I can't get on my C&R, just a bit down the road. He is a very nice gentleman, and fellow vet. He received the Glocks for Books for me. (After the president said it was easier to get a Glock than a Book, I told my fans I'd trade a signed set of books for a Glock. I got three takers.)

I told him another firearm was coming in, from a private party, and he went bugnuts. He "wasn't sure that was even legal," (it is. Perfectly.) And "had to call the ATF to find out what his response should be." (Receive the gun, do the NICS check, transfer the gun. Duh.) and I should "Find another FFL to do business with."

I sent him the relevant guidelines, FROM THE ATF'S WEBSITE, with a polite request to let me know how they responded personally.

He's not replied. At all.

This gentleman is also apparently an NRA instructor-instructor.

Though I certainly wouldn't want to take lessons, or in fact acquire any more firearms, through an idiot who doesn't even know how to do legal transfers through his license. God knows what other cute theories he has.

Note that he didn't furnish this information on my first request, or our first meeting. It wasn't until I had a seller contact him that he suddenly freaked out. It's literally as if he's never heard of a seller to FFL transfer.

Top Bottom