• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I never write reviews of gun shops but I felt I had to share this with you all.

Rex Bellator Firearms is a new gun shop that opened up sometime late last year. It's located at 498 Town Center Rd in Mooresville off 67 between El Rodeo Mexican restaurant and Blueberry Hill pancake House in the old UPS store location.

I stopped in there today for the first and last time. This guy will never be getting a dime of my money. When I first walked in he greeted me and was polite, there were a few elderly customers in there on their way out. When they left so did the politeness. I asked him if he had a line on a Vickers Tactical Glock 19 he went off on a twenty minute tangent on how Glocks are pieces of **** and how everyone who carries one is an internet armchair warrior with a beard and tactical cargo pants. There I am with a G26 on my hip, no beard, in jeans and denim jacket. He also said that other gun shops are rip off artists and he is fair on pricing (prices where in line with other shops, I was actually on my home from Bradis which had better prices and selection) and how .40 S&W was being discontinued this year and how every other shop is going to push .40 to clear their inventory of it. I then asked about the new FIME Vepr on the market and he went on to tell me how AKs were terrorist guns and how he took a round from one through the leg and stood up and killed 37 people. He told me he worked with Sig developing the MCX, he told me he builds, programs and sells Miniguns for Dillon Aero which is why he carries Dillon reloading supplies and sells Aero Precision rifles. He said he builds and sells over 2500 guns (full auto) to private contractor clients over seas and that he shoots and reloads over 1000 rounds a week. This guy is your typical gun counter commando and should be avoided by anyone with any reasonable knowledge of firearms.

Oh he also doesn't have a high opinion of INGO and Fenway specifically. He even told me that Fenway was afraid of him and that he was going to confront and assault Fenway at the Indy 1500 a few years ago but everyone at the booth was to afraid of him to tell him who Fenway was.

So if you happen to find yourself in Mooresville don't bother stopping by this guy's shop. Not only did he have less than 30 guns total in stock, he is also a tool of the highest caliber.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have heard similar negative reviews. They too indicated he generally doesnt know what he is talking about, so this isnt a rare occurrence or bad day for him. Though I live not too far from there, it sounds like it could be fun to stop by just to call him out on his BS and formally register my status is a purposeful non-customer. (Do I get extra credit for doing so wearing my INGO hat?)

But it would be fun to know the back story on the Fenway kerfuffle. (Though I get the feeling this is all news to Fenway based on all factors) I bet it has more to do with a banninating than anything professional if there is any merit to the bad blood.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    If it makes anything any better the new FIME veprs are really nice, the fit and finish are great and whole sale cost is reasonable (I'm not high enough on the food chain to get one at the moment but I'm the list). So I can see the prices coming down from $999 in a month or two. I very rarely make it to Indy area to gun shop but I know now to stay away from that one.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You lost me at the denim jacket part.....Reo Speedwagon patch perhaps?

Hey! I like my denim jacket. It isn't a typical denim jacket though it's a Carharrt style that isn't made anymore. It looks more like a standard bomber style just made of denim instead of leather.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Agreed. I used to visit Bradis every time I went to Indy, thanks to this review I have another I won't be stopping at. Thanks for saving us the time OP!

Bradis has always been good to me. I was upset with them when they let Mark go unexpectedly for no apparent reason but after realizing there still isn't a better gun shop closer to me ( USDS is a great place too but Bradis' selection is larger ) so I still go there.

Rex Bellator however I'll never step foot in again.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've stopped in before and the arrogance/BS/holier than thou factor was pretty high, doesn't accept trading or deal at all with used guns, has a limited selection in the store and also has a very low opinion of other area gun stores.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I ran into that guy in a nice restaurant a couple years ago. He was sitting at the table next to where my family was sitting and he happened to be right behind me. He overheard dad and I talking about something work related and managed to interject himself into our conversation. He went on to tell me that he's the guy who builds our SWAT team guns and that he's a master gunsmith etc etc. I just nodded and smiled and tried to get him to butt out as politely as I could, knowing that he was full of crap. He kept talking and talking about how cool he was and how much he knew about guns. He gave me his card and invited me to his place if I ever wanted a "real rifle". I pitched that card with the quickness and don't regret it.

I have no no idea what his beef is with INGO or Fenway but I suspect either he came on here posting just like was described by the OP and was thus shown the door, or he had a loud problem with the advertising cost and was also righteously shown the door. I'd give a nickel to know what his username was. He is definitely not saints and sinners as I have met that guy in person also.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have heard similar negative reviews. They too indicated he generally doesnt know what he is talking about, so this isnt a rare occurrence or bad day for him. Though I live not too far from there, it sounds like it could be fun to stop by just to call him out on his BS and formally register my status is a purposeful non-customer. (Do I get extra credit for doing so wearing my INGO hat?)

But it would be fun to know the back story on the Fenway kerfuffle. (Though I get the feeling this is all news to Fenway based on all factors) I bet it has more to do with a banninating than anything professional if there is any merit to the bad blood.

Pictures or video please....

Be careful, he is probably a USMC RECON SEAL RANGER with the MOH.

Don

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I hear all this crap from customers who have stopped in his shop. I still don't know how he is still open. Only a complete fool would believe the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear all this crap from customers who have stopped in his shop. I still don't know how he is still open. Only a complete fool would believe the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Have you SEEN how many morons are around you? He wont make a killing, but will probably keep the lights on dealing with grandmas and other first time buyers that are ignorant of the quality of a REAL gun store.

Top Bottom