Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

There was a sign up on the door for quite a while saying that he had to close due to health issues but hoped to reopen soon. Just noticed yesterday a 'for lease' sign in the window. Looked like there was still some things left in the store.

User Info Menu

Thats too bad. I hope he will be OK. (or whomever he is caring for) By all accounts I've heard, he's a real tool. Not sad to see the shop close, but I wouldnt wish ill health on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I took my John's Guns silenced Ruger Mark II to have a new lever that catches the rim of the shell to pull it out for ejection and for a total cleaning of the gun. Seemed like a simple job and since they were new and close, thought I would give them a try. He said he had a machine shop west of Mooresville. I should of ran when he didn't offer a receipt for the gun when I turned it over to him,he said it wasn't necessary. Like too many times before, I didn't get a call when it was done. What should have been a 2 to 3 week turnaround, as he stated, it was about 3 months. And then I wouldn't have known it was ready if I hadn't called him every week. The job was acceptable and reasonably priced,but 3 months is totally unacceptable for a simple replacement of a common part and cleaning. when I checked, that part is on the shelf and available in several places, nothing rare about it. I have not been back. On another unrelated subject, what's with Bradis' crazy prices on ammo? I bought what I needed from WalMart, which I hate to do, for almost one third the price Bradis was asking for??? Live and learn.

User Info Menu

Bradis can't buy ammo in the volume that Walmart does and dictate what price they are willing to pay. They buy it the cheapest they can get it from their distributors and pass it on to you.
    2 to the chest and 1 above the vest

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post
    Glocks are pieces of **** and how everyone who carries one is an internet armchair warrior with a beard and tactical cargo pants.
    I must've met him somewhere. He just described me perfectly!

User Info Menu

WOW! This is an odd post.
    I have no dog in the fight, and don't live down that way, but thanks for the warning.
    Just goes to show you anyway can "open a store" but generally people who do (especially for a "narrow-market" item like firearms) would have highly developed people skills.
    I don't know of a shop I've been in where I wasn't treated well and wouldn't have minded dropping some money.
    And for those who know of my "alleged" thriftiness, I have done so at shops about 7-8 times this past year.

User Info Menu

According to FB, several people went to his house to get their money back from order or their guns back from whatever work was being done to them.
    Provider of a little snark, but mostly unwanted posts that no one really cares to read.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve0322 View Post
    According to FB, several people went to his house to get their money back from order or their guns back from whatever work was being done to them.
    Did they get their money?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I sure hope the Navy Seals can find someone else to build their guns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Did they get their money?
    Sounded like it. Some not right away or in one visit, but eventually.
    Provider of a little snark, but mostly unwanted posts that no one really cares to read.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5