• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    Went by this past weekend, and found service and prices to be great. Has very nice selection of ARs (among other things) and can customize to whatever you want. Walked out with a nice DPMS Panther. Highly recommended.

His & Her's Target Sports
    408 S. Main St
    Sheridan, IN 46069
    (317) 758-5886

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Where is this place?
    :+1:

In Sheridan, right on IN 38. Ron.. ? I think his name is Ron.. is a GREAT guy to talk to. When Lars bought his AR-15 last week, we stopped in there to buy accessories and ammo, etc... He took it all apart, checked it out, showed him how to clean it, and installed a few of the accessories Lars bought while we were there.

And Trixie runs the alarm on the door. She's great. ;)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    approve.jpg

My name is Lars, and I approved this message. Ron is great. Seems to really know his stuff when it comes to AR-15 rifles. His prices are fair. Doesn't hurt that he and his wife are real into USPSA.

stillwaters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Besides not knowing what you might find in the consignment section, Ron's got some great prices on reloads!

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I picked up my new XD40 today. I couldn't ask for better service. The owner, Ron Cooper, was very imformative. I highly recommend Target Sports

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    This shop takes me about 10 minutes to walk to! Ron is a very friendly guy, and doesn't seem to mind chatting with you about something new he's picked up since the last time you visited. He's also got some Class 3 stuff, and IMO his prices are pretty good.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    :+1: for Ron,
    he's a great guy, run into him a couple of times while delivering to Corner Bar in Cicero and seen him at the Atlanta CC table at the Indy 1500 also.
    Been in his store also a few times. Highly recommend him and very knowledgeable and great to talk to.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was making a delivery to Sheridan to day and stopped in to check him out.
    I picked up a couple of Wilson mags. for the .45.
    Small shop with a great selection.
    He also had a couple of Saiga 12's there for sale but
    I did not think to look at the price.

Great guy. Great Shop.

The door greaters gave me the sniff of approval upon entering and gave me the :yesway:

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    :+1: for Target Sports. I was in there today and bought a box of ammo. I have to say it is a breath of fresh air to get good friendly service. I asked about another box of ammo - he didn't have it in stock - but before I had the chance to say anything else he was on the phone with his supplier seeing if he could get it. I'll be returning soon!

~Poe

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I wish I had such good things to say about him, I bought 1 gun off of him, over paid for it and got rung on my trade in, tryed doing buisness with him again, wanted to hose me on my trade in and wanted to hose me on ordering a gun that he couldn't even get when several other dealers could x2. He is a nice guy, just doesn't have the conections that other dealers do and I think he has to make more money on less items to float his little shop. A friend of mine got a good deal on a RR AR-15 and good service from him.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Um....mixed review. I like Ron, good guy, knowledgeable, etc. But...my buying experience was pretty strange. This was a couple of years back. I bought an STI Spartan as a new gun at full retail. No complaint about price, I wanted the piece and paid the price he asked. Great piece for the price, by the way - shoots as well as a $1200 Kimber even if it's not quite as pretty. Didn't do a detailed inspection on the spot - you buy a new gun from a store at full retail and figure it's new, right? Got it home and after a day or two had the time to strip it, clean it, lube it, the way you should with any new piece, and lo and behold it wasn't a new gun. Breech face showed some use, barrel was filthy like someone had been shooting wadcutters through it and hadn't cleaned it afterwards. I took it back, after checking the condition of the piece with another dealer - I wanted a second opinion, and the second opinion was that if it was sold to me as new that I'd been had. There were 3-4 other customers in the store at the time and I said, politely but in a normal tone, that it wasn't new and the deal wasn't right, and I wanted it made right. To give Ron full credit where credit is due, he made it right on the spot, pulled another piece and exchanged it after giving me a line of bovine fecal material about how someone else (his other clerk, whatever) must have used the original piece he sold me for practice without telling him, etc.....uh huh. I mean, it isn't like the guy has ten employees or something, and like any employee would pull a piece from inventory for target practice and then put it back without cleaning it or telling the boss? I checked this new one with a bore light and all that good stuff, and it was indeed new and clean as a baby's backside. (At least a baby that had been changed recently, you folks who have dealt with babies know what I'm talking about.) We squared away the paperwork and I walked away happy, aside from having to spend several hours of my time screwing around with the problem. My sense, and this is purely opinion on my part, was that as much as anything he didn't want to argue with me in front of other customers, at least one of whom was a peace officer as I recall. On the other hand, my impression of Ron is that if he thought he was right he would have told me to take a hike if the NRA board of directors was standing there watching. I like Ron okay and would do business with him - again, he made it right - but i'd bring a bore light and take a really good look at whatever I was buying, even if it was being sold as new; it just left a bad taste in my mouth. And yes, I'd have no problem with repeating this story in front of Ron with my hand on a stack of Bibles - he remembers this, or should, as well as I do. If I've misstated anything about what happened, he can say so but I think I've been 100% accurate.

Top Bottom