• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    My wife and I stopped in around 1 PM this last Sunday. Lots of action going on. My wife was interested in an SP101. She stood at the counter for about 5 minutes. The guy behind the counter was more interested in his phone than he was in selling her a revolver. Only when I walked over did he ask if I was interested in anything. Her response was "not now we're not". At this point I think he knew he had ticked her off. She was ready to plunk down a few hundred bucks (of her hard earned cash) at this shop. I was more than disappointed in the dismissive way that this guy treated my wife. This is why women are reluctant to even walk through the door.
    You guys need to wake up.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    And the reason for this behavior is because:
    1. Women have no money
    2. Women don't know anything about guns
    3. Women don't buy guns
    4. Women are totally helpless
    5. Women need a man to think for them

YEAH RIGHT! (extreme sarcasm is intended) I do not understand why any business would shun a female customer, especially a gun shop, we need all the participants we can get in our sport/hobby.

P.S. If the wife/GF is looking there is a good chance you will sell more than one product today and create 2 new customers for tomorrow. Do not belittle the women!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    And the reason for this behavior is because:
    1. Women have no money
    2. Women don't know anything about guns
    3. Women don't buy guns
    4. Women are totally helpless
    5. Women need a man to think for them

YEAH RIGHT! (extreme sarcasm is intended) I do not understand why any business would shun a female customer, especially a gun shop, we need all the participants we can get in our sport/hobby.

P.S. If the wife/GF is looking there is a good chance you will sell more than one product today and create 2 new customers for tomorrow. Do not belittle the women!

When I worked at the gun store in MI that's the way I thought about it. If a female came in I always tried to help them out, the more pro-gun people the better, this was when the gun industry just started figuring out that women existed as potential customers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not to mention if you transfer a gun from CDNN , Fort Liberty charged a $50 transfer fee because they claim to have problems with CDNN. Won't go back again.

F*** them! I dont care if YOU have a problem with the distributor, YOU arent buying from them, *I* am. (what I would have said to Fort Liberty) That's stupid.

Though I do know some clubs like IGC charge a higher fee if its something they normally sell. They wont gouge you on a PSA AR for instance, but they would on a Glock or Wilson Combat because they stock those. I can understand that.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Honestly, when I go into a gun store, I don't want to be bothered until I'm ready. At that point, I'll ask for help. Really, that's how I prefer it in any store. But that's just me.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My girlfriend and I are pretty picky about what gun stores we go to because of attitudes like this. Marksmans up in Westfield is her favorite and always our 1st stop when looking for something.

I'd love to check out Marksman, but even under normal circumstances seems like everything he posts moves very fast, and he's about an hour or so from me. I will have to stop in if and when I get up that way ever again. Seems like he has some really reasonable prices on used guns.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have been into Fort Liberty a couple times and was treated poorly each time. Once the owner was very rude to me when I asked to see a rifle. I won’t be back. On the opposite end of the spectrum is CopperHead Ridge. They are fantastic. Very friendly and attentive. I have purchased several guns there.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I'd love to check out Marksman, but even under normal circumstances seems like everything he posts moves very fast, and he's about an hour or so from me. I will have to stop in if and when I get up that way ever again. Seems like he has some really reasonable prices on used guns.
    I agree that you have to check often. Things move fast when priced right!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I guess it might just be me then, but everytime I go in, I have a decent chat with the people in there and like to check out some of the nice/cool used guns they have. They had an old Colt SMG with the RO635 upper, they also let me see an 1890s era Winchester that someone had traded in. I don't get transfers there, but if I'm just looking for something small that I know they'd carry I go there and usually strike up a conversation. If it's busy I probably won't, but I seem to usually only go when it's just me and a couple other people.

Fort Liberty also has some decent prices of guns, but I'm more of a milsurp collector so they don't usually have much in the terms of guns I'd buy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of my best friends used to have a job that bumped him up against several different "teams" within IMPD. One of the guys he befriended is one of the owners of Fort Liberty.

My buddy considers/d that guy to be one of his buddies. He'd see him while working - and then would drive out to Avon to stop in the store and **** chat.

Now - my buddy had a rather nice Vortex LPVO. Fort Liberty owner had an Aimpoint Pro. So my buddy and Ft. Liberty owner decided that they each wanted to temporarily trade optics to try out on their AR rifles. According to my buddy, it was supposed to be a temporary trade.

It's been like 2+ years now - and Owner won't return my buddy's calls or texts to get his Vortex back.

So - I've vowed to not spend any money at Fort Liberty.

I send people to Parabellum (Which I don't like to do for anything other than the range - because of how many times I've been ignored at the counter) and/or to Copperhead ridge. That, and Fort Liberty is, generally, priced rather high IMO.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of my best friends used to have a job that bumped him up against several different "teams" within IMPD. One of the guys he befriended is one of the owners of Fort Liberty.

My buddy considers/d that guy to be one of his buddies. He'd see him while working - and then would drive out to Avon to stop in the store and **** chat.

Now - my buddy had a rather nice Vortex LPVO. Fort Liberty owner had an Aimpoint Pro. So my buddy and Ft. Liberty owner decided that they each wanted to temporarily trade optics to try out on their AR rifles. According to my buddy, it was supposed to be a temporary trade.

It's been like 2+ years now - and Owner won't return my buddy's calls or texts to get his Vortex back.

So - I've vowed to not spend any money at Fort Liberty.

I send people to Parabellum (Which I don't like to do for anything other than the range - because of how many times I've been ignored at the counter) and/or to Copperhead ridge. That, and Fort Liberty is, generally, priced rather high IMO.

Yep, there's too many shops that will take your business in the Hendricks County area to put up with any BS at one.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    My wife and I stopped in around 1 PM this last Sunday. Lots of action going on. My wife was interested in an SP101. She stood at the counter for about 5 minutes. The guy behind the counter was more interested in his phone than he was in selling her a revolver. Only when I walked over did he ask if I was interested in anything. Her response was "not now we're not". At this point I think he knew he had ticked her off. She was ready to plunk down a few hundred bucks (of her hard earned cash) at this shop. I was more than disappointed in the dismissive way that this guy treated my wife. This is why women are reluctant to even walk through the door.
    You guys need to wake up.
    Agreed. 100%.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I have been into Fort Liberty a couple times and was treated poorly each time. Once the owner was very rude to me when I asked to see a rifle. I won’t be back. On the opposite end of the spectrum is CopperHead Ridge. They are fantastic. Very friendly and attentive. I have purchased several guns there.
    I was there twice. Never again.

Top Bottom