Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    SOLD

WTS
    Converted Saiga AK 7.62x39
    Face to Face only, Cash only
    Buyer must be an Indiana Resident and a proper person. I may ask to see IN driver's license.
    Price: $875

I am offering for sale my Saiga AK. I purchased it, already converted, from Atlantic Firearms. I believe the conversion was done by TGI of TN as that is engraved on the receiver along with the Saiga markings and serial.

I want to sell this rifle, make me an offer and maybe we can get together.

DSC00250_zpsu6jhjmxj.jpg

Here is a link to my photobucket with more pics:

Saiga AK by TBE_INGO | Photobucket

I made the following upgrades after purchase:

Texas Weapons Systems Dogleg Railed Top Cover
    Texas Weapons Systems Railed Handguard
    Texas Weapons Systems Peep Sight
    AR Type collapsible stock tube with Magpul MOE Stock
    Primar Arms Micro optic
    Recoil Buffer
    2 Stage Trigger (I do not remember the manufacturer)
    US Palm Pistol Grip

In the interest of full disclosure, a prospective buyer should know the following.

1: There are some light scratches/maring on the rifle. These are cosmetic only and the worst of them are on the railed handguard near the muzzle end (shown in one of the closeup pics in my photobucket). There is also some wear on the side where side mounted optics would attach.

2: The Primary arms micro does not cowitness with the TWS peep sight. Something inside the bottom of the PA micro blocks the view of the front sight post. I do not have this obstruction in my aimpoint micro and figure that is part of the trade for using an inexpensive optic. The PA micro works fine on it's own and so does the peep sight, but if you want to use the peep, you have to pull off the PA Micro. (I assume an aimpoint micro would cowitness, but have not mounted one on this rifle).

3: To install the railed handguard, I had to remove the original handguard retainer. The original retainer is long gone.

4: The TWS handguard quickly gets hot. I put a magpul rail cover (included) on the bottom rail and that tamed it enough for me to shoot comfortably.

All in all, it is a decent little rifle, but after I put it together, I kind of got hooked on AR's. I put 2-300 rounds through it and it runs fine.

Thank you for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom