• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Scope has sold separately.
    I'll take the rifle to the 1500 this weekend, and if I still have it for sale after that, I will repost a new ad.

I've finally realized that I'm just not going to get into long range shooting. And since I'm not a hunter, this needs to move on to someone else.

It's a Gewehr 98 which has been rebarreled to 7mm Mauser (7x57) and set into a pretty sporter stock. It's full-length bedded, and it's got two-piece scope bases on it. Originally made in 1917, this rifle almost certainly saw action during WWI. Still shoots very nicely.

There is a Harris S-LM bipod included. Used very little. It's the 9" - 13" model with notches on the legs and the ability to swivel a bit to compensate for uneven ground.

The scope is a SWFA SS 3-15x42 first focal plane. Mil-quad reticle, .1 mil adjustment, and I have many accessories with it: Mil-dot Master, bubble level (not installed), sun shade, zero stop set (not installed), and front Butler Creek cap. I have the back cap around here somewhere, but because the zoom adjustment is all the way at the back, I took it off and misplaced it somewhere. I might be able to find it if you think you'll use it.

The scope is set in Burris Signature Zee Rings. I had to use the extra high rings to clear the bolt handle.

Also included are 71 rounds of factory ammo. PPU 139 grain JSP. And 9 pieces of empty brass. More 7x57 reloading supplies can be available to the purchaser, but I don't want to sell while I still have the gun.

View attachment 53728

View attachment 53730

View attachment 53726

View attachment 53725

View attachment 53729

View attachment 53727

View attachment 53724

View attachment 53880

Asking $900 for the whole package. This is a turnkey long range or medium game set up. I think that's pretty reasonable for everything.

Rifle, bipod, and ammo only: $375

Scope and all it's accessories: $675

I won't sell the ammo separately unless the gun sells first.

I'm located in Rushville. I will be at the Indy 1500, though I haven't figured out yet if it will be Friday or Saturday. I will also be in Anderson this Thursday.

No longer interested in trading. I would like cash.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Bump. I've added a Harris S-LM bipod and dropped the package price.

This is now pretty much buying the scope & bipod, and you get the rifle & ammo for free!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom