• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Darne 12g a, 26" barrels, 70mm (2 3/4") chambers. Barrel restrictions (choke) are left .698" and right .705" This is a model V19 made in 1910 with a Unique low 3 digit serial number. This has been verified by the manufacturer (The manufacturer also told me this was a V20 which I have found out may or may not be the case). Unique sliding breach/action with ejectors Engraving and craftsmanship is incredible on this and the pictures dont do it justice.

The pictures (ok my lack of photography skills) just dont pick up the engraving well at all. The entire receiver and trigger guard is hand engraved as are the chamber ends of the barrels. This is among the higher end guns they produced by Darne according to the number of quality proofs stamped on it and information from the manufacturer who is still actively manufacturing shotguns. This piece was made in 1910 according to manufacturer and is too old to trace where and who the original purchaser was. The forearm carving is a work of art as it is carved such that it fills the void in between barrels. Also, the forward section on the forearm is actually some type of animal horn and the transition is absolutely seamless. Barrels are 90% with shiny bores. At first glance it appears that the receiver is worn or the barrels have been refinished. This is not the case. The receiver is made to be that silverish tone and the barrels are a nice polished blue. They are both appear to be original finishes. Also, according to the proof marks the barrels have been proofed for modern, nitro powder. I would consult the manufacturer on this to find out details. The action locks up bank vault tight and triggers both function as normal. Wood is in 90% condition and doesnt appear to have been refinished. This is an all orginal shotgun except for the buttpad that was professionally installed obviously many decades ago. The shotgun appears to have been shot very little. I have tried to price this fairly by looking at other auctions/sales of this grade/age of shotgun. Some have sold for almost double this price in better condition and some that arent as high grade or arent as old as this one have sold for more. Email is the best way to reach me and I can take any pics requested or try to answer questions best I can.

[STRIKE]$2800[/STRIKE] $2600 (this is well below book value)

55nic7.jpg

rlvmeq.jpg

ke7on5.jpg

2pphi5w.jpg

2qko6l3.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom