Please reply by conversation.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    SOLDThompson Contender Custom 45-70 super 16

Hi,
    I have a basic understanding of contenders through the years, so bear with me if I make a glaring error please point it out, or just make fun of me.. either way is good.
    I have a really nice and featherweight feeling contender rifle, of course, you can go with a lot of different barrels if you change the stock/grip. put a pistol grip on it, use barrels less than 16".. and so on.
    Here are the details... barrel is a standard 45-70 super 16 with muzzle brake in good shape, I cleaned it up a bit, but it could use some more scrubbing.
    Stock and forearm are pebble finish synthetic, with a rubber recoil pad. The interesting thing on the forearm, there are 2 holes for attatchment screws, but only the rear one has a screw. The front hole has no attachment point at all, so this could be for some of the longer contender barrels as well?
    Frame is a earlier 1982 mfg. It does have a couple dents on top of frame, as shown in the pictures.I think it was sent to SSK for their sskrome plating and action work. I think it is attractive with the cougar on the rock in nickel. hammer is the earlier type that you have to use a screwdriver to change from center to rimfire, also has both firing pins in the frame. trigger is jeweled and has had a action job done. I bet the trigger pull is 3 or 4 ounces, really crisp and no creep, but i would expect that from SSK. Serial has no prefix or suffix, so I think that means it was a standard blue frame when it left the factory. I have seen a few of these with the chrome plate and the big bore SSK barrel with the same finish. but this one with the plated frame and blue barrel is cool as well. I have no proof it was worked on by ssk, but it sure looks like their finish on the frame.
    Overall it is a neat little carbine, and sure does kick being so light.. lol.
    Condition is fairly good, small nicks or dings in case i missed any, it's mostly dusty, but it looks good.

SOLD550.
    Location is New Castle
    Thanks for reading this really too long ad.
    gt9BxOe.jpg

1nYisw1.jpg

dbGsqJh.jpg

KwgUpfz.jpg

IExmJcZ.jpg

gsweESo.jpg

vFIoSmD.jpg

nC8j25k.jpg

VVeTpyY.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.