• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For your consideration is a 24" threaded CZ 455 Tacticool, with the medium bull barrel, factory Boyd's black-painted wood stock (free floating), and a Japanese-made Weaver Grand Slam 6x20 parallax-adjustable objective scope. Comes with everything you see here, incl. the factory 5-shot magazine.

ftH2CGm2

CZ-Long-Range-Rig-9-15-19.jpg

There are two modifications. The stock has had the bolt hole enlarged to accommodate lead shot, which can add a couple-three pounds and bring total gun weight up to 11 lbs. when filled. If you pour it out, it's still a heavy gun but is "off-handable" (is that a word?).

The other (reversible) modification was to install a new trigger spring (5-minute job). This spring brings the trigger down to about a pound, and you can gently rap the rear of the receiver with a rubber mallet and the striker will not fall. If you want to go back to the factory (few pounds) trigger, it is a small job to put the old spring back and it will be included with the gun. (But after you have shot it, you are not going to want to). These rifles are a dream, in how easy they are to modify and get a good trigger.

This gun was shot one season, approximately 4 bricks of standard-velocity .22lr through it, and the inside of this gun has never seen anything except Eley Orange- or Yellow-box ammo. I am not a benchrest shooter, having only used this gun in prone-bipod mode for the Riley long range matches, however it can shoot 3" at 200 yards _without_ a rear bag, with the above ammo.

I love CZ rifles and will probably regret this, but am not much of a rifle shooter, have decided I can make-do with my existing CZ452 Ultra Luxe.

(Don't quote me but I think the rings are B-Square Universals).

$450 cash, located on southside of Indy, but travel to West side daily and will divert a reasonable distance to meet. I am a member at Riley CC and have been going to MCFG Friday Night Steel recently, if either of those could be within your meetup options.

(NOTE: For full disclosure, this scope is not what I used for 200 yds and will need an MOA base if you want to get .22lr to 200 yds without holdover. This scope functions and shoots perfectly, it is the nice Japanese Weaver with the fine-dot reticle, and these were $300~400 scopes back when they were new. I am willing to separate the scope from the package).

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom