• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    1941 production that I believe is all original. All of the numbers match, and there are no import marks! I can't even find any of the usual British commercial proofs that you usually see added to former British rifles. There is no evidence of having went through an FTR program either, no added markings of any kind. The magazine is not numbered, but the condition matches the rifle, so it appears to me to be the original mag.

The wood is in excellent condition with all of the original markings intact and sharp! There is no evidence of sanding or refinishing. There are the usual dents and dings, but fewer than typical. However, the rear hand guard was broken when I got and showed evidence of a previous repair. I repaired it again,and it is now solid and functional.

The metal retains much of it's original finish, but there are patches of light pitting, here and there. The worst spots are near the gas escape hole on the receiver and on the nose cap around the muzzle. The bore is remarkably bright and shiny with no pitting. It is hard to photograph, it looks better, downright excellent actually, in person.

It is missing the stacking swivel on the forward nose cap. I did have to replace two small screws that were missing when I got it, I don't know why I forgot to get a stacking swivel for it.

The safety was broke when I got it. The little tab that blocks the striker was broken off. I didn't think I should sell a rifle with a safety that doesn't actually work so I replaced it with a new one. The new one I was sent appears to be from a different manufacturer, it is marked with an M on the inside. I will include the original broken safety with the rifle and allow the new owner to sort it out how they wish.

You rarely see a British rifle lacking import marks or commercial proof marks, would fit nicely in a WWII collection.

.303 British

Hamilton County, but will drive up to 2 hours to make it happen.

SOLD. I can't really go any lower than that, I have a standing offer of $350 shipped to a guy in TN. I would prefer to do a local deal so that I don't have to fool with shipping, but it doesn't make sense to go any lower.

Trade interests would be other military surplus rifles. Specifically; German GEW 88, Belgium Mausers, Dutch or other turn-bolt Mannlichers, French Berthier or MAS, or an SKS.

FsIpLQg.jpg

Wlis8fT.jpg

yZi8P1S.jpg

YMkLVBX.jpg

2GN9nmd.jpg

ZeVcGP6.jpg

6mU5NKt.jpg

btsekRd.jpg

xwc1Hxk.jpg

m0fBbd4.jpg

GcRwKnH.jpg

GE9nFjO.jpg