• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Earlier this year I bought my first AR, it has an LMT complete upper on a DPMS complete lower. Do you think there is enough difference in the LMT to warrant changing out the DPMS. I can't say anything bad about the DPMS, did a little trigger polishing but other than that it has run flawless. Just thought I would like to have it all LMT.............what do ya think.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I wouldn't. Though saying that, I would love a complete LMT rifle. But the majority of quality in the rifle is coming from the upper. And if you have an LMT you have a good upper. Lowers are pretty much the same.

Someone may know more than I do and say different but that is my thought on it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I like things to match when they can.

If you're thinking about it I'd just do it. Get the LMT stripped lower and an LMT lower parts kit and build it up. Then you can use your DPMS to build another AR or sell it on here to recover some of the LMT cost.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I've been thinking about this some more. I would get the lower and a different upper for the dpms. That way you have two. However, I think you will be hard pressed to find an LMT stripped lower. I don't think they sell them that way. But you can buy them already complete.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been thinking about this some more. I would get the lower and a different upper for the dpms. That way you have two. However, I think you will be hard pressed to find an LMT stripped lower. I don't think they sell them that way. But you can buy them already complete.

I think I agree. I just looked and couldn't find one online. I was just assuming they were out there.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I do like matching rifles.

I had my LMT upper on a Noveske Lower but switched it out for an LMT lower. It fits a little better.

And you'll have to buy a complete LMT lower. You can usually find them for $300. I just swapped out all the parts and sold the old one as complete with the new LMT parts.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    You guys are thinking like me, I like to have everything match and I think it would raise the value if it was all LMT. I don't think it will shoot any better, just got the wants. I think I'll go on the hunt for a complete LMT lower.:rockwoot:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    If you have trouble finding a dealer in your area that will get you a complete LMT lower let me know, I am a LMT dealer.

Don't have a local dealer, been looking on the net. You could PM me on what you could do on a complete LMT lower with standard trigger and stock. I'm going to change the stock, grip and guard to the foliage green Magpul I have on the DPMS.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    You guys are thinking like me, I like to have everything match and I think it would raise the value if it was all LMT. I don't think it will shoot any better, just got the wants. I think I'll go on the hunt for a complete LMT lower.:rockwoot:

Best statement made in this thread...

As a general rule unless the lower is a complete POS it really doesn't affect how the gun will shoot...it is all personal preference...make yourself happy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    As a general rule unless the lower is a complete POS it really doesn't affect how the gun will shoot...it is all personal preference...make yourself happy.

I would totally agree but I'd also throw in a caveat that the fire control parts (basically the whole trigger/hammer/sear system) can be improved on ANY brand of AR15. Simple drop in triggers like the Timney or Pact to the more elaborate adjustable units like the Jewell can shrink group size and add consistency if your game is tiny groups at longer ranges. If the gun is a fun gun M4 carbine type then there is really little need for the upgrade.

Still, if I was regretting a part, I'd probably be swapping it out for another at some point. Make yourself happy :yesway:

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    You can put in on an lmt buy you arent going to gain anything performance wise!

Necropost.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom