Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

I have a 3 position gas block my 300 whisper, I can turn the gas off to make it hollywood quiet. Then I have to jack the charging hadle to operate the rifle. Kinda like a straight pull bolt action, I have thought many times about making it a side charger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jrainw View Post
    I have a 3 position gas block my 300 whisper, I can turn the gas off to make it hollywood quiet. Then I have to jack the charging hadle to operate the rifle. Kinda like a straight pull bolt action, I have thought many times about making it a side charger.
    That I can see, but now your talking a very speacialized system that is having this done for reasons other than conveniance. I just dont want anyone walking away thinking this type of mod does anything other than add a conveniace over some type of functional advantage.
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROLEXrifleman View Post

And please explain how the side charge does anything for shooting suppresed.
    I've never played with a side charger but I would assume that you could all but eliminate the gas/carbon/lube etc that normally blows back into your face when running a canned AR.

Best,

Joe

User Info Menu

I use the charging handle maybe twice at the range!
    What about malfunction drills?
    Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

User Info Menu

Alexander Arms makes some good stuff!!!! I got the 50 beowulf and love it! Never had a problem with it! I would say their stuff is good quality!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I've never played with a side charger but I would assume that you could all but eliminate the gas/carbon/lube etc that normally blows back into your face when running a canned AR.

Best,

Joe
    Negative.

The side charging handle does nothing for this. The gas tube and carrier key all act the same in a side charger so you will still have the same carbon build up and gas blow back as a traditionaly charged Gas Operated AR

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    What about malfunction drills?
    LOL.... My go to gun is a DSA OSW 58! I dropped teh AR platform years ago. I toy with the Ar10 now and then to keep sharp but otherwise I personaly don't devote very much time to it ( the AR as a whole).

Plinker

User Info Menu

largrizzly.com - OPS-4 AR15 Uppers

I think this is what he is are looking for.

Very similar to the Alexander Arms stuff though
    Last edited by civilwar; 10-15-2010 at 12:48. Reason: added info

User Info Menu

My go to gun is a DSA OSW 58!
    O.K., what about malfunction drills with your FAL?

Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2