• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Spied a 9mm one in GREAT SHAPE at the Gander Mountain in Terrible Goat.

$250.

It was in the used long-gun rack on the far left side (As you're facing the firearms from the front door) of the firearms section.

-J-

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmm...

Does Gander Mountain have any kind of policy about their used guns being functional? Can you take it back if it doesn't work?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Appears their Gunsmith Certified program offers a one year warranty.

Certified

Yep...what he said.

The little H&R 926 revolver I bought the other day...who knows how old it is...is protected. Was told that at least one spring was replaced before it was put out for sale even.

There's also an OLD Stevens single-shot .22 there at the T.H. store...for a whopping $60. That one's protected, too.

I was at the store at 1:00-ish on Tuesday afternoon. By 1:00 this afternoon, that carbine might be gone...they tend not to stick around anywhere...

-J-

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Yep...what he said.

The little H&R 926 revolver I bought the other day...who knows how old it is...is protected. Was told that at least one spring was replaced before it was put out for sale even.

There's also an OLD Stevens single-shot .22 there at the T.H. store...for a whopping $60. That one's protected, too.

I was at the store at 1:00-ish on Tuesday afternoon. By 1:00 this afternoon, that carbine might be gone...they tend not to stick around anywhere...

-J-

I have the Marlin in 45 acp, wonderful shooter but must be kept very clean to function properly. Doesn't seem to like dirty ammo but the reason for my post was that I read that the Marlin Camp Carbines have a stock cracking problem because of recoil. Never have had that problem with mine but it has a very low round count. It seems to be the similar set up for their other carbines so I was surprised that it would be a problem. They were discontinued by Marlin and I do not know the reasoning behind that. Iron sights and could easily put all in the X ring from 50 yards with 45 acp

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got a Camp 9 and its a nifty little carbine that is fun to shoot, reasonably light and handy. Takes S&W pistol magazines. Mine doesn't care so much about being dirty, but it does require a reasonable amount of lube. As long as it as a modest coat of gun oil on the action it is all good. Like the gun. Not sure what good a pistol caliber carbine is good for, but I still like it.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have a camp 9, I love it. I haven't had any issue's with the mechanics, always feeds any ammo.

I have found that my recoil buffer is still serviceable, however, my Recoil rod was found to be mushroomed on the buffer end and needed replaced.

Links I have found useful:

fourn6's Unofficial Marlin Camp Carbine 9 / 45 Page

http://stevespages.com/ipb-marlin-9.html

BJB MARLIN CAMP-45/9mm Recoil~Buffer [115 / BJB CMP45/9] : BlackJack Buffers LLC

:ar15:

Thanks for the Links - This is the problem with the Marlin's that I was referring to and you provided a solution

It does, however, reportedly have it's share of problems. Mainly, the buffer and springs becoming wore, and problems with cracking the stock behind the receiver (both 45 and 9mm versions). I have contacted Buffer Technologies and asked that they design a better replacement buffer system for the series. They currently make drop in buffers for other firearms and will investigate the possibility. Go visit them, they make buffers for AK's, Minis, Glocks, Mac's, HK91/93, SKS's, 1911's and others.

On Oct 24th, 2004, I learned the following from an e-mail:

"The bolt stop (a.k.a. recoil buffer) isn't available anymore, from Brownells , Numrich, or Marlin.. BUT..... I contacted a Mr. Jim Wisner, of Wisners Gun Parts (they specialize in the manufacture of obsolete Marlin parts, mostly lever action) and piqued his curiousity... He disassembled one of his own Camp 45s to check the buffer, and said it showed serious stress cracks after less than 500 rds....so he was interested. He now offers replacement buffers on his site Welcome to Wisner's, obsolete gun parts. for about $12 ea. (better than the original plastic....they're Delrin) Marlin Camp 9/45 / 922M Recoil Buffer #418162 I've installed one in a friends rifle, and it survived the first 50 rounds without any problems. I also dissassembled the rifle afterwards, and see no impact marks, or cracks......seems like it might hold up to the abuse.
    The parts (buffers, springs and others) are very inexpensive, and they should be replaced before any problems occur. An instance of run away full auto has also been reported in .45 ACP. The 9 version was designed for standard pressure 9mm ammunition, not hot NATO or +P+ ammo. Firing hot ammo can cause jams and more serious damage.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I have a Camp Carbine in 9MM that I've had for years
    I have a 3X9 40 MM scope on it and it's Zeroed at 130 yards ( 9 inches of drop at this distance) to kill groundhogs at the barrns
    It has killed many a ground hog at this distance
    Fun little shooter
    I had some custom laminated stocks made up a few years ago for the my camp 9 & 45 but have not final finished them as yet
    maybe this winter

Farmritch

Top Bottom