• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I am currently building my second ar. My first one was a rock river lower with a doublestar 20" fluted stainless barrelled upper. Now I want a carbine so I got a rock river stripped lower for $99 bucks, $60 for a del-ton lower parts kit. $80 for a yankee hill stripped upper,$15 for some dpms upper parts. $169 for a daniel defense 1-7" twist chrome lined barrel,$120 for magpul MOE OD green furniture set. I just ordered the Adam arms piston kit for $279 so now all I need is a bolt assembly, Is there anywhere online to get a good cheap bolt or should I wait till the 16th for the indy gun show and pick one up there. Also can anybody recommend a good halo sight, I want an eotech but I cant justify $400 bucks, I would like to find a decent one for under a hundred bucks.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Check on what bolt size the adams arms carrier will take. There is a thread on ..::68FORUMS::.. about adams arms carrier not being milspec. Rumor also has it that Harrison over at Innovative Tactical Systems LLC, Made in USA, AR 15 uppers, piston operated tactical upper, 5.56, 6.8spc, custom precision barrels might be providing some of his "superbolts" for adams arms. You might want to talk to Harrison.

(i could be wrong about the carrier size and it might just be that the superbolt that H makes doesnt fit their carrier. I havent read that thread in a while but you can read it for yourself to get the correct info)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For a budget optic on a "fun" gun, I've had good success with Primary Arms. If you are going to use this in a defensive roll, save your pennies and go real Aimpoint or EOTech.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    piston bolts

I am currently building my second ar. My first one was a rock river lower with a doublestar 20" fluted stainless barrelled upper. Now I want a carbine so I got a rock river stripped lower for $99 bucks, $60 for a del-ton lower parts kit. $80 for a yankee hill stripped upper,$15 for some dpms upper parts. $169 for a daniel defense 1-7" twist chrome lined barrel,$120 for magpul MOE OD green furniture set. I just ordered the Adam arms piston kit for $279 so now all I need is a bolt assembly, Is there anywhere online to get a good cheap bolt or should I wait till the 16th for the indy gun show and pick one up there. Also can anybody recommend a good halo sight, I want an eotech but I cant justify $400 bucks, I would like to find a decent one for under a hundred bucks.
    aren't the bolt carriers different for the piston rifles? JoeBobs outfitters has RRA bolt carrier assemblys on sale for $101 and change but I don't know if they'll work with a piston upper.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    Their website says nothing about a special bolt, it just shows taking the gas rings off and putting a spring on it before you put it in the carrier. I probably didnt need a piston kit the di would have been fine but i wanted something different and something that is very easy to clean.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    The only thing I have against the primary arms is it only comes in green, and the not having an on/off switch seems like the battery will go dead quickly

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    Ok I have a les baer custom bolt comming for it and I took everybodies advice and have a primary arms micro green dot comming so that should complete my build.

Top Bottom