• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I have a doublestar 20" fluted stainless upper with a round free float front and my question is what is a good way to put a ling stud on it so I can attach my harris bipod when I need to... I dont want to put a permanent bipod on the gun because I like the bipod I already have. Do I drill it and tap the tube or is there something more simple to do? Its the bottom one obviously. I am getting a mapul PRS stock for it so I wanna put a bipod on it.
    DSCI0482.jpg

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Use the rail at end of barrel. Install a RSA or rail sling adapter made by Magpul. Other companies also make sling adapters. I bought a few of the RSA adapters for $28.00 with free shipping from aimsurplus.com. Good luck

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Attaching a bipod to the gas block/barrel totally negates the advantages of a free float tube.

My advice stands, spend a couple of bucks for a stud and drill and tap the free float tube.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sir, you are talking about a sling adapter and most probably for the top rifle. The green and black one?

The OP is asking about the bottom rifle, the all black one, and he isn't looking for a sling adapter. He is looking to install a sling swivel stud so that he can attach a Harris bipod.

Said bipod needs to be attached to the bottom of the free float tube.

With all due respect....:)

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    No doubt drill and tap the free float handguard tube. Just be careful to get it bottom dead center. Better to mark this before you remove the tube before you drill it, and also make some index marks so you get it threaded back on to the same place when your done. Looks kinda goofy when your bipod is not centered on the bottom, OOPs might be telling on myself!

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I received that slot mount. Now to remove the gas block it has two allen bolts on the bottom, is there anything else I need to know to remove it? Its a doublestar upper if that means anything about how its mounted.

Top Bottom