• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I sure would like to see a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.45x 39mm.
    Even a single shot break action rifle would be cool.:dunno:

Last edited:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    It's a no brainer for me. I love the 357mag round and I love the AR. So I would like to see an AR in 357mag. I know revolver rounds don't do well in autos, but hey I can dream can't I.

An AR in 45acp or 40s&w would be cool too. One that takes it's own clips and not the Glock clips. I've seen them before, but can't remember the details.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I sure would like to see a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.45x 39mm.
    Ummm, O.K., they have been in the U.S. since the collapse of the DDR, the SSG 82. Are you new to guns?

Google Image Result for http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn40/ssg82.jpg

When first brought into the country they were marketed under "Steyr SSG". The rifles were not Steyrs but a mistake on the Form 6 (Steyr marketed an SSG so the importer labeled them "Steyr" to sell quicker as monolingual Americans only knew SSG as a Steyr model). SSG in German means Scharfscharfzengewehr (sharp shooter rifle). The SSG 82s were manufactured in Suhl.

The SSG 82 went for $650 off the boat. I think they are about $1,500 now IIRC.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even a single shot brake action rifle would be cool.
    What is a brake action rifle?

Do you mean break action? You do know that there are dozens of makes and models of single shot rifles on the market now. Perhaps you could get a gunsmith to retro a T/C barrel and not have to spend for a Merkel.

Why the interest in this caliber? The round is lousy performer, especially the military surplus garbage that is floating around. It is less than optimal for just about anything. Are you sitting on a container or two?:D

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'd love to see a .45 built on an AK platform , maybe some type of double stack 30 rnd mag .

AK reliability with .45 punch and high capacity mags would be the ****!!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    SSG 82 That is the first I even heard of them. Awfully pricey.
    The reason behind the 5.45 x 39 caliber? I have an AR-15 chambered in it. I found it performs pretty well and ammo is still pretty cheap. I have never tried any of the surplus stuff, but I always thought that it would be nice to have a can or 2 around.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    1. Lightweight bolt action carbine (the CZ 527 would be perfect) in 6.5 Grendel
    2. An AR in 30 AR except that Remington monstrosity
    3. An AR in 7mm 08, except that Remington monstrosity
    4. A full stocked rifle, 20 inch barrel, (the CZ 550FS would be perfect) in 338 Federal
    5. An AK design that will shoot 1 MOA
    6. An utterly reliable 9mm carbine by Glock or CZ with an OAL of 26.01"
    7. A 22lr AR upper that will shoot 1 MOA for under $500.

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Custom Main Battle Rifle (7.62x51 MBR): .308 adjustable gas piston select fire action with non-reciprocating ambidextrous charging handle, auto hold open on empty magazine. Ambidextrous bolt release. Ambidextrous safety. Forward assist. M-14 stripper clip guide and M-14 sights. 22” barrel with the tri-compensator of the BM-59/62 with bayonet lug to take a 12” OKC-3S style bayonet. A full length barrel-in-line polymer stock with pistol grip and integrated picatinny rails that don’t interfere with the stripper clip feed. Accept a bipod. Use M-14 free fall magazines with bolt hold open followers, and have an ambidextrous magazine release.

Custom ‘Scout’ Rifle: .350 Remington Magnum lever action rifle based on the combined features of the Savage 99, Browning BLR, & Johnson 1941 rifle, w/Integrally suppressed 20" barrel, off-set stripper clip loading 10-round rotary magazine with cutoff, ghost ring peep sights, Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14 CQ-T QD scope on receiver on see-through mount w/ATN PS40-4 Night Vision front scope system, three point sling on push-button swivels, polymer Mannlicher fore stock w/attachment for custom 12" OKC-3S bayonet, polymer in-line butt stock w/internal recoil reducer and recoil reducing butt pad, 24-round tip out butt stock shell carrier w/20-rounds + 4 .380 ACP adapters sold as a package.

Custom hunting gun: Peter Hofer funfling. 12-ga x 12-ga w/.375 H&H Mag over .30-’06 over .22 Hornet. Carved fancy wood stock, engraved and inlaid metalwork. 20-ga chamber adapters for the 12-ga barrels. Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 scope on see through mounts. Peep sights. Custom carved leather sling w/flush QD swivels. Custom leather money belt w/12 gauge ammunition slide, .375 H&H Magnum/.30-‘06/.22 Hornet ammunition slide.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Come back of the 8mm remington magnum, and a few savage rifles readily available chambered in it.

Perhaps higher availability of WSSM AR15 uppers. I'd love to have a 25 WSSM 18".

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Bolt-action 7.62x39mm that accepts AK magazines.

There's an Australian company that makes Enfields like this, but they're only for the Australian market, and also Enfields.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom