• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Refinished a new stock for my old squirrel gun over the weekend, pretty happy with the way it came out. Please excuse the poor camera phone pictures .

1503111734.jpg

1503111736.jpg

Here's what I started with:
    031011155913.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Looks nice! I bought a new factory wood stock to replace the plastic one on my 795. I plan on reshaping the fore-end a bit an maybe doing some checkering.
    What finish did you use?

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Looks nice! I bought a new factory wood stock to replace the plastic one on my 795. I plan on reshaping the fore-end a bit an maybe doing some checkering.
    What finish did you use?

Thanks. I love 795s! I've been watching around to find a old one to restore. I just used Tru-Oil and a little Armorall to speed up the curing process.

Here is a good forum for 795/60 info if you haven't already found it:
    Marlin Semiautomatic - RimfireCentral.com Forums

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Wanna finish my pepper that i inletted for a 795. Everything fits pretty well, but just haven't had time to do all the sanding and finishing. :rockwoot:

I would even spring for the beer! :cheers:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That does look good. I used to buy them at a pawn shop cheap, refinish the stocks, clean them up and sell them for a little less than they went for new. Mine looked pretty good, but it was just the original stock. That looks just plain nice. Good job.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    That does look good. I used to buy them at a pawn shop cheap, refinish the stocks, clean them up and sell them for a little less than they went for new. Mine looked pretty good, but it was just the original stock. That looks just plain nice. Good job.

I had thought that would be alot of fun..downside is that I would have a hard time selling something that I put much time into :D

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Very nice looking rifle. Where did you get that stock? Is it from Boyds? I have a Marlin 60 that I have had for about 35 years. Would love to put it in a thumbhole stock. I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223 in a Pepper thumbhole and just ordered a nutmeg thumbhole from Boyds for my Savage 93 .17HMR. Just can't seem to get enough of the thumbholes.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Very nice looking rifle. Where did you get that stock? Is it from Boyds? I have a Marlin 60 that I have had for about 35 years. Would love to put it in a thumbhole stock. I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223 in a Pepper thumbhole and just ordered a nutmeg thumbhole from Boyds for my Savage 93 .17HMR. Just can't seem to get enough of the thumbholes.

They only produce ones for the Model 60 about once a year unfortunately, gotta catch em when they come in! This years production sold out in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom