• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    ive read a lot about the differant twists when it comes to .223 barrels. i read that most 62gr ammo doesnt go well with a 1x9 twist barrel. i recently ordered a lot (500rds) of 62gr hollow points and i was wondering if that would be bad. i have a 16'' barrel if that matters

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Only one way to tell for sure. Shoot em up!
    I've shot 40-75 grain through 1x9 and 1x7 barrels. Each rifle is its own animal and may suprise you with what it shoots best.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I cannot speak for every bullet, but 69 gr Sierra Match Kings will definately shoot in a 9 twist barrel. Keep the speed up and they will clean the 300 yard prone rapid target on a national match course. If your wind reading skill are above average, you can score really well at the 500 yard line at Camp Atterberry also.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    great! thanks a lot guys. i went out to shoot it and it shoots just as good as the 55gr fmj. the hollow points actually expanded really well. alot better then i thought they would

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I bought a lot of 62 gr when I had my Sig 556. But I traded it for a S&W M&P15T later, I still had 400 rounds of the 62 gr to shoot. The Sig is 1:7 and the Smithy is 1:9. I fired them all in my Smithy and they hit where I wanted them to. I don't know what else to tell you but they fired fine at 100 yds.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    thats all i needed to know lol. they are shooting just fine out of my AR. for some weird reason it loves steel cased ammo

You'll want to repeat this a few more times. Someone actually shooting something to see how it works, as opposed to reading about someone else doing it, is going to be slow to take root.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    You'll want to repeat this a few more times. Someone actually shooting something to see how it works, as opposed to reading about someone else doing it, is going to be slow to take root.
    That is a direct violation of Article 7, Paragraph 9 (page 4) of the mall ninja handbook! How dare you!?

Top Bottom