• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shake1155

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    So I was at the range on Sunday shooting my ak-47 and my brass was flying 10 feet to the right of me and hitting the guy on the next bench. Well lets just say he got a little irritated. I was wondering if anyone makes a dust cover that deflects the brass down instead of 10 feet in the air.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Tell him to suck it up. I know plenty of Marines with scars on their necks from hot brass. He should be happy it was hot brass and not hot lead.
    :twocents:

Rant over

No valuable information to contribute to this thread though. You might be able to make something yourself but I dont know of anything.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If one exists, I don't know about it. Thinking though, it would be a difficult thing to accomplish due to the way the bolt is made with the integrated handle sticking out.

I would try grabbing the lane on the farthest right whenever possible. Where no one is in your "brass zone".

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Google search E&L brasscatcher.
    I don't know how well these work, not on an AK. I have one for a Mini 14 and it's a pain, but it does work.
    Tell the whiner to move on if he really feels like he's being inconvienenced.
    Hopefully someday you'll find a place out somewhere and you won't have to put up with other people.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Just gonna throw this out there. You can always make one that does not attach to the gun by taking a piece of plywood, or even paneling, and making a simple stand for it, then setting it up to the right of you on the bench. Heck, you could even use a trash can. Just anything that the brass will hit and bounce back your way. Heres an example:

brasscatcher.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I used coat hangers and a 12" x 12" piece of window screen to make a brass deflector for my AK. A piece of wire coat hanger goes around the receiver forward of the bolt and behind the rear sight block. Connected to that piece is a flat frame of coat hanger wire with the window screen piece attached. The screen hangs over the frame and knocks the spent brass down next to your bench. Cost: about 45 minutes' time putting it together.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I was doing the same last year to a gentleman sighting in a muzzleloader about 3 lanes over at the Huntington range. Apologized after I realized what was going on and he was totally cool about it. Said it was no big deal as he's done it to others himself.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Folks with AK's at the range pelting others with brass is one of my pet peeves. The arc of the brass travels perfectly over barrier screens. It's like they were perfectly engineered to terrorize others.

Top Bottom