Best pistol gripped stock for mossberg 500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What are some solid choices for a pistol gripped stock for my mossberg 500? I've got a pistol grip it came with and also a factory "standard" stock.

I want something with a pistol grip I can put to my shoulder.

I'm not opposed to a top folder, but I want something that locks up TIGHT. Not something cheap and chinsey. Side folders aren't my thing, too much of a hassle when working the pump.

FYI mine is the "persuader" model, it's got the long barrel with 7+1 (or is it 8+1) tube and heat shield.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have the ATI pistol grip and stock. It is OK, and that's about it. The pistol grip is very UN-ergonomic. I have been looking into picking up a MESA Tactical AR adapter. It allows you to use any AR grip and stock.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    speed feed makes a fine stock, but be advised that the pistol grip stock and the mossy isn't a real good mix due to the location of the safety. imho

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    speed feed makes a fine stock, but be advised that the pistol grip stock and the mossy isn't a real good mix due to the location of the safety. imho
    This is my safety:
    250px-Index_finger.JPG

:cool:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

another +1

Also the fore end release is a PITA to reach with a pistol grip on it as well. At least for my big fingers.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Speedfeeed makes the birds head grip that minimizes felt recoil and allows the proper use of the top safety, plus it looks bad ass.
    PGS_8.jpg

Top Bottom