• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I bought a used 930 SPX at my local gun shop last week. With all of the fireworks going off I decided to try it out in the back yard. I loaded one shell in the magazine, racked it into the chamber and proceeded to make a good size crater in the ground. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it and loaded 7 rounds in the magazine. It sits by my bed for the "JIC" situations. I wanted to take it to my brothers to show it off so I decided to unload it. Rather than take them out from the bottom I decided just to cycle them through. The first time I pulled the bolt back it let 2 rounds come out of the magazine completely jamming the shotgun. I cleared that one and it did it again. I'm kind of sketchy about leaving this thing loaded as a bedside gun if that happens when I need it I'll be screwed. Could a spring be worn or maybe the shell stop?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I bought a used 930 SPX at my local gun shop last week. With all of the fireworks going off I decided to try it out in the back yard. I loaded one shell in the magazine, racked it into the chamber and proceeded to make a good size crater in the ground. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it and loaded 7 rounds in the magazine. It sits by my bed for the "JIC" situations. I wanted to take it to my brothers to show it off so I decided to unload it. Rather than take them out from the bottom I decided just to cycle them through. The first time I pulled the bolt back it let 2 rounds come out of the magazine completely jamming the shotgun. I cleared that one and it did it again. I'm kind of sketchy about leaving this thing loaded as a bedside gun if that happens when I need it I'll be screwed. Could a spring be worn or maybe the shell stop?

Did you shoot more than once and cycled it before you took it apart?

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    No I just pulled the cocking handle back and loaded one into the chamber, dropped the bolt and fired. After I saw the size of the crater I decided not to do any more.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    was this short brass cause mine hated short brass.
    That shouldn't matter if he was cycling by hand.

I'm wondering if maybe you are cycling it slowly by hand? Really yank the bolt back and let it fly home. They are built for heavy loads and built to be cycled by shells...:twocents:

Top Bottom