• ...and so much more!
  • ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Hey guys,
    I have recently amassed the funds to make a run a buying a Tigr rifle. I am looking to keep to close to around $2000 but understand that I am not going to necessarily name my own price here. I have WTB ads on numerous sites, but am wondering if there are any local gun shops that have one at around my price point.

Thanks!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know that I saw one at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood several months ago. I've not been in there in quite some time, though. Don't know if it's still there or not.

I do remember them being rather proud of it, though...price reflected.

-J-

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Clay: You are very correct. I spend more time on theakforum than is probably healthy.

Any chance anyone has been by the Outdoorsman lately and has seen the rifle/price?

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I had one lined up earlier today with the polymer military stock set for 2500. Unfortunately, the seller decided he doesn't want to ship. :(

btw indyk, plenty of basic tigrs have sold for around 2k recently. I can think of 3 off the top of my head. The one youve linked to has sold already. Remember, I am not asking for a NIB one.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    wow

plenty are selling/sold in the 1500-1999 range "used"
    :popcorn:U saw 3 recently
    robertdowney_junior.jpg

If so,
    I would have had one years ago, this rifle is at THE top of my list.

check his post again because its still active,
    with NO "sold" tag on it
    http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88534

I sent "Spring1898" a PM to see whats up, where did you see it sold? Is spring not updating his sales again??

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought the price they had on the one at outdoorsman was really reasonable...

IIRC, it was $2300. Considering their normal inventory, that was a strange sight.
    I wouldn't blast their prices too much, seems as though they'll have the odd thing go through there used for some absurdly low price once in awhile.

Honestly, that's the only time I've ever seen a Tigr in Indiana before. I went with a PSL after mulling it over for a few months, and am kind of glad I opted to go that route instead, even if it did take weeks of work to make it a real shooter.

Word has it there will be a Vepr x54r in the US in a few more months... New production. Supposed to be a saiga x54r showing up before long as well.
    So if that sounds interesting to you, keep an eye out and some $$$ on hand.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think they look a fair bit better than the Tigrs, considering the way they overly sporterize the tigrs generally.

I'd suspect the Vepr could also out-shoot one.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    plenty are selling/sold in the 1500-1999 range "used"
    :popcorn:U saw 3 recently
    robertdowney_junior.jpg

If so,
    I would have had one years ago, this rifle is at THE top of my list.

check his post again because its still active,
    with NO "sold" tag on it
    The AK Files Forums - WTS Dragunov SVD Tigr Tiger LNIB $2500

I sent "Spring1898" a PM to see whats up, where did you see it sold? Is spring not updating his sales again??

I emailed him over a week ago about that rifle and he responded that he had 3 buyers lined up.

3 rifles is pretty substantial considering how few of these are sold. One was on ARFCOM and sold for $2000 even. Another sold for $1886 on GB. If you go back to this past winter, there was one that sold on Gunboards IIRC for $1700. This time a year ago, they could be had for around $2000 pretty commonly based on previous sale records I have seen.

I think you are also misunderstanding me when I say that I want it as close to $2000 as possible. That is not my ceiling. I think it would be unwise to make it be known my top dollar because then there is little incentive for someone to negotiate with me on a better price.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    VEPR in 7.62x54r are currently available if you are lucky enough. I have a friend that just got one!

Of course you have just as good a chance as finding a TIGR! ;)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    VEPR in 7.62x54r are currently available if you are lucky enough. I have a friend that just got one!

Of course you have just as good a chance as finding a TIGR! ;)

Except the Vepr is new, and just started being imported.

There's only so many Tigrs around. I think in a few years time those Veprs won't be too hard to come by, and certainly no where near as expensive.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    IF that tigr is still at the outdoorsman... They'll probably dicker. It's been there for MONTHS upon MONTHS.

-J-

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Well gentlemen, looks like my search has ended as quickly as it began. I am happy to report that I have just made payment for this beauty:

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone and I look forward to taking some new pics and having a range report in the next week!

Top Bottom