Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
    Stay Picky my Friends

User Info Menu

I don't have many good pics of just the rifle, but its a Savage 110BA in .300 Win Mag

Here is a review on we did on it - http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_g...pics_vids.html

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I've banned a couple of people while in church.

User Info Menu

i'm in the market for a long range shooter. i'm torn between the rem700 police and the kimber 8400 tactical. any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 45CALifornia View Post
    i'm in the market for a long range shooter. i'm torn between the rem700 police and the kimber 8400 tactical. any suggestions?

of the 2 the 700 would be my choice
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

Rebuilt my baby and she still isn't done!

New specs so far:

Remington 700 Milspec 5R Factory Threaded in .300WM
    McRees Precision Aircraft Aluminum Chassis
    Harris Benchrech Bipod
    Timney Straight Trigger
    Seekins 20mm lugged scope base
    Seekins 35mm tactical rings
    Vortex Viper HD 35mm tube 5-20x50mm Scope
    Vortex scope bubble level
    McRees Custom Cheek Pad
    AI detachable magazines

In the next two weeks the bbl/action is getting KG Gun Koted & the stock is getting hydro dipped camo. The bolt is also in Michigan getting a 6 wide fluting job.

More pics when it is finished!

User Info Menu

Both would be good, and you can't go wrong with the tried and true Rem700.

One other rifle to look at would be the Savage 10FP. Little lower entry price, but very well respected for its accuracy. Downsides would be less options for upgrades if you are wanting to do a high end custom build. There are upgrades out there, but not as many as for the Rem 700 platform.
    Last edited by jblomenberg16; 02-15-2012 at 12:51.
    Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

Do kids still play Cops and Robbers, or are they just taught both are equally bad and given a participation ribbon after a rousing game of scoreless Everyone's a Winner Ball? - BehindBlueI's
    Well, gee whiz, if the Government released a nest of ants, roaches and bedbugs into everybody's house, they shouldn't be surprised if people run out to buy bug spray! - Comment on White House concerns over increased gun sales

Plinker

User Info Menu

Remmy because of the amount of aftermarket goodies.
    As another member stated the Savage has come a long way. The Accu-trigger is sweet! I am currently building up my old 110fp.
    McRee stock
    Blux barrell
    Timney Trigger
    Us optics st-10
    There are a lot of goodies for savage rifles now. I also heard Blackhawk is putting together an Axiom for SA savages, don't know when it is supposed to come out or if is true. May be just a rumor.
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

User Info Menu

If you plan to shoot long range, I would go with the Rem 700 SPS Varmint with the 26" barrel. I prefer the .308 but the 6mm and .243 would be a good choice as well.
    Home Is Where You Dig It - Khe Sanh 67-68

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Several others already beat me to it, but at least take a look at Savage. Those heavy barreled rifles shoot very well. Savage's used to be a much cheaper alternative, but in today's market they are about the same as a remington. Out of the box you won't have to get any rework done on your savage to get it shooting very wel. You may want to get a new stock, but that's more for creature comforts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by curraheeguns View Post

Rebuilt my baby and she still isn't done!

New specs so far:

Remington 700 Milspec 5R Factory Threaded in .300WM
    McRees Precision Aircraft Aluminum Chassis
    Harris Benchrech Bipod
    Timney Straight Trigger
    Seekins 20mm lugged scope base
    Seekins 35mm tactical rings
    Vortex Viper HD 35mm tube 5-20x50mm Scope
    Vortex scope bubble level
    McRees Custom Cheek Pad
    AI detachable magazines

In the next two weeks the bbl/action is getting KG Gun Koted & the stock is getting hydro dipped camo. The bolt is also in Michigan getting a 6 wide fluting job.

More pics when it is finished!
    very nice
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

Savage 10FP action
    Criterion 26" 260 Rem barrel
    Manners T2 stock with CDI DBM
    Bushnell 4200 Tactical 6-24x50 FFP

Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast