Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Mine is just like this. Every chipmunk, bird and rabbit knows my name.

Wish I had one like phylo. Kudos to him!
    Do not "skid and skedaddle", if proper tools are at your disposal.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=phylodog;2043078]It's a Remington 700 receiver, Schneider M40 contract barrel at 22", McMillan A5 stock, Badger M5 bottom metal, Seekins base and rings and a US Optics SN3 TPAL 3.2-17x MOA/MOA scope. It looks a little different now than in those pics, those were taken right after I painted it. I've installed a full length picatinny rail under the forearm to which I attach my Harris Bipod and clip the rifle into my DCLW tripod. I just had AJ Brown install a Badger EFR mount in the stock last week as well. This is what it looks like currently:

That rifle is just badass, How does it shoot. I hope to be able to have one like that someday
    A reporter interviewing a Marine Sniper asked, " What do you feel when you have to shoot a terrorist"? The Marine shrugged his shoulders and replied "Recoil"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by racr28 View Post
    I built it using a Stiller Tac338 action and Krieger barrel.
    Factory AI or not, it's a sweet rig!
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

A common response on this thread and other like threads is "how does it shoot"?

I really don't care what a rifle looks like, I just want to know how it shoots.

I think it should be mandatory to post a image of a 300, 500 and 600 yard paper target for each rifle image. Say 10 shots at each distance.
    Red Fire 372

User Info Menu

Springfield M1A Loaded Standard
    .308 NM SS barrel, hand lapped
    SADLAK steel mount
    Leupold MK4 30mm rings
    Leupold MK4 LR/T 8.5-25 x 50
    J. Allen Enterprise J100-G2 aluminum stock, w/ barrel tensioner

Before the stock and current scope I managed to squeak out a dime sized group at 100 yards using Winchester 150gr soft points. (Ignore the stray shots, I was still sighting in!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    A common response on this thread and other like threads is "how does it shoot"?

I really don't care what a rifle looks like, I just want to know how it shoots.

I think it should be mandatory to post a image of a 300, 500 and 600 yard paper target for each rifle image. Say 10 shots at each distance.
    Yard?
    Real snipers shoot from miles away.

You guys think you are cool shooting at 600 yard, I set my target 2 and a half miles away ... I never hit it ... I suck big time, but at least I suck at a man's game now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgreen3 View Post

That rifle is just badass, How does it shoot. I hope to be able to have one like that someday

I shot this group with it at 500 yards right after I got it put together.

I put these two rounds through a dime at 100 yards

I hit this target at 1360 yards with it
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

That looks like way too much fun.

I could probably hit 1360 yards someday. But I'll need 2 cases of precision grade .308 and 3 days of perfect conditions - then maybe.

User Info Menu

Phlyodog...sir, um....What exactly do you do for a living? Or is that not for me to know?

I still say you are the guardian angel of Chuck Norris
    Believe it or not, I know exactly what I'm doing. Prepare to be dazzled.

User Info Menu

I had a FN patrol bolt rifle.. I enjoyed it but hated the harsh recoil (no flash suppressor). I have been debating on whether or not to get another bolt action, or go the semi auto route like the lwrc repr, ar10,m1a, etc. But.... a sexy remi 700 just keeps popping up in my mind. I know opinions are like * well, you know the saying... Just not sure which route I want to go yet.

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast